Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena) Icon_portal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mira of Lys

Mira of Lys

Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena) Empty
PostSubject: Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena)   Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena) EmptyTue May 12, 2015 4:09 pm

Mira had some time to herself she neither had to attend to Madeline nor had she any chores really. So she sat in the gardens which had to be her favorite place in the entire palace, as she sat in one of the small common areas humming to herself as she was working on one of her patterns. She was going to make something nice for the lords because he had been so kind to her the piece she was working on was a lovely red kerchief. She had found the silk for it in a little pile of scrap cloth taking care to cut away the frayed edges and was now working on the image she had designed for the center. It was a lovely little image of a great lion laying beside a lamb. She smiled softly as the image began to form with each steady stitch. With any luck she hoped to be finished in a day or two.
Back to top Go down
Olena Lannister

Olena Lannister

PostSubject: Re: Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena)   Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena) EmptyTue May 12, 2015 4:42 pm

Olena was walking in the garden once again, she had escaped a lesson from Master Dalben once again but now she was pretty confident he had stopped looking for her and, anyway, he wouldn't look for her there. She was slowly walking around, thinking about what she could do: maybe she could go visit her pony... yeah, that sounded like a good idea! She could bring him carrots and take him for a walk, she knew they would both enjoy it... but then her attention was captured by someone, some face she had never seen before: was she a new servant? Urgh... she didn't like new people, that was a general rule, and new people that had to stay in her home were even less welcome. Nonetheless, her uncle and sister kept saying she had to be nicer and stop scarying the servants away, and so she decided not to be too unfriendly toward the girl. She approached her, studying what she was doing, but as soon as she saw the image she had designed in the center of the cloth she couldn't stop herself from laughing meanly "Ah! What a stupid idea! A lion would never rest with a lamb girl. Why are you sewing such a thing?"
Back to top Go down
https://reignoffireandice.forumotion.com/t123-olena-lannister
Mira of Lys

Mira of Lys

PostSubject: Re: Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena)   Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena) EmptyTue May 12, 2015 5:01 pm

Mira continued to hum and do her work, it wasn't hard to notice the little girl approaching it wasn't like the little one was trying to hide her prescience. In fact it seemed quite the opposite when the girl suddenly laughed, Mira however took it in good stride as she smiled softly "Greetings little one" she spoke her voice soft with a strange melodic cadence to her words foreign in nature " Yes.... I suppose it is a little silly" she remarked looking over the image a moment before settling it in her lap. Looking at Olena with a kindness "I have seen your likeness in your portrait you must be the youngest daughter of Lord Phoebus, it is a pleasure to see you m'lady" politely bowing her head to the little miss before adding "I am Mira"
Back to top Go down
Olena Lannister

Olena Lannister

PostSubject: Re: Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena)   Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena) EmptyTue May 12, 2015 6:03 pm

She wasn't surprised from the girl's reaction: after all not many people dared to defy her, even if she was so young. She still appreciated the answer of the girl, and she supposed she could forgive her such nonsense: after all, what lamb wouldn't dream of a lion's protection? Stupid, weak lambs... "Yes, I am. I am Olena Lannister, nice to meet you." she introduced herself, showing that, after all, she had learnt her lessons about manners better than one would believe. "And who exactly are you, Mira? Where are you from? And why are you making such a thing?" she asked curiously, pointing at the kerchief and sitting down, not far from the woman, showing no intention to leave.
Back to top Go down
Mira of Lys

Mira of Lys

PostSubject: Re: Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena)   Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena) EmptyTue May 12, 2015 6:31 pm

Mira was a strange adult, she didn't move on with her work or correct Olena's manners or even look down on her. Infact when Olena sat down she moved to lower herself a little so that they were talking to one another at the same level. She didn't even seemed annoyed by the questions infact she seemed happy to answer them with a growing genuine kind smile "I am no one really, I was hired to help your second sister Lady Madeline, in my language tis called a companion but I think your term for it has something to do with waiting" chuckling gently to herself "forgive me m'lady my Andal is not good, I am from Lys. It is a grand city across the great sea. As for the cloth I am weaving a gift"
Back to top Go down
Olena Lannister

Olena Lannister

PostSubject: Re: Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena)   Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena) EmptyTue May 12, 2015 9:00 pm

Olena listened with vague interested: so she was basically Madelina's servant? She looked... nice enough, she guessed... better than the wild beast she had been enthrusted with lately anyway! "I do know when Lys is..." she replied in a mildly offended tone at the servant's words: no matter how many lessons she had skipped, she was a fast learner and she had been able to learn enough to know at least the basics of geography. She would have been offended anyway by the implication, even if she had actually ignored the position of Lys, though... but at least this time she could be offended be in the right. "A gift for who?" she asked frowning: who would she make such a gift for? A gift with the image of a lion and a lamb?
Back to top Go down
Mira of Lys

Mira of Lys

PostSubject: Re: Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena)   Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena) EmptyWed May 13, 2015 11:16 am

Mira didn't seeem all too bothered by the child infact she only smiled before Olena asked who the gift was for which made her a little embarrassed. This land had so many different customs, she wondered if what she was doing was even considered polite but Mira was clever and she reached down into the basket at her gently taking out two things one being a set of nice set of gloves lightly embroiderer around the cuff with the images of exotic looking flowers, the second being a small hoop like the one she had in her lap. She slipped on the gloves first before gently offering the hoop to Olena "It is a gift of thanks for y- Lord Lannister, he was very brave and saved my life. It is only polite to give something back.... but perhaps if you think image is silly then perhaps you can make a better gift to give him yourself? im sure your father would love anything you weaved, I can teach you if you do not know. I learned at your age from my matron."
Back to top Go down
Olena Lannister

Olena Lannister

PostSubject: Re: Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena)   Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena) EmptyWed May 13, 2015 2:27 pm

As the servant girl mentioned her father Olena tensed up, her eyes narrowing while she clenched her fists: what had this girl to do with her father? Did she call that polite? She was just a servant girl and he was a lord, such a present was highly out of place. Olena snorted, looking away enraged as the girl kept talking: of course her father would love anything that cam from her! Did she have any idea at all who she was talking to? Did she have any idea at all what kind of bond she and her father shared? None of the other servants would have been so stupid to raise such a subject in front of her... And oh! She thought she was smart, didn't she? Trying to distract her from the main subject, trying to be all friendly... well she would have none of those nonsenses. "It's not polite, it's just out of place. Servants do not give gifts to their lords, you should remember your place." Her voice was cold, and so were her eyes, but she didn't care if she was being mean while the girl was being nice: this servant girl was daring too much.
Back to top Go down
Mira of Lys

Mira of Lys

PostSubject: Re: Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena)   Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena) EmptyWed May 13, 2015 2:44 pm

Mira watched with a bit of a wide eyed reaction she almost felt the childs building rage like it burned but she did not flinch. She had felt and been the brunt end of worse then a child's glare though the little miss certainly did have a fire. Taking a moment she took a breath then responded softly and calmly "Is it? it is not so much where I am from.... if someone does you a favor then it is accepted that a favor will be returned. If someone had saved your life my little lady would your father not ask you to give thanks to the person who did so?" she asked simply treating the girl like an adult and putting forth a logical situation "If I am wrong please do correct me, I am not used to Andal customs"
Back to top Go down
Olena Lannister

Olena Lannister

PostSubject: Re: Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena)   Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena) EmptyWed May 13, 2015 5:24 pm

"You talk like you were not a servant and my father was not a lord: are you completely oblivious of the differences between classes?" she asked frowning, wondering if the girl was actually stupid or if she was just playing numb. Either way, Olena was starting to find her annoying. She was talking to her like they were equals, and with the same thoughts she was making that gift to her dad... No, that really wasn't a good start for the girl...
Back to top Go down
Mira of Lys

Mira of Lys

PostSubject: Re: Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena)   Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena) EmptyWed May 13, 2015 5:38 pm

"No my lady, I do know the differences between classes... I was simply trying to be kind" she said a little disheartened that the child seemed well... very noble, reminded her of one of her old masters she was currently thanking the weeping lady that the child was not to grow up in Essos. She had thought for a brief moment it was better here but was apparent the classes were strong as ever divided at least in the youngest cubs eyes.

"Forgive me, I do not mean to cause offense... here..." she said as she gingerly undid the hoop removing her needles from the thread and tieing off the unfinished piece. Gingerly running a gloved finger it a moment before tucking the work away in the basket "If it offends you so I will get rid of it. Though if you still want to learn how to do such things I could teach you. Or perhaps you wish to do something else?" hoping the child would accept the olive branch of peace. she very much loved children and this child was the offspring of such a nice man certainly she couldn't be all bad.
Back to top Go down
Olena Lannister

Olena Lannister

PostSubject: Re: Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena)   Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 1:48 pm

Still frowning Olena stared at the girl: there was difference between kindness and idiocy, and the girl in front of her was far gone in the second field. Offering such a gift to her father... no, that was such an undesirable thought. The girl in front of her, though, could not imagine that the little Olena just used classes, their differences as well as the advantages they gave her, just when it was convenient to her... and when it was about keeping her possession over her father, any mean was acceptable in Olena's eyes.
But as the girl started getting rid of her work Olena's glance brightened up: she wasn't too stupid after all, and Olena was just a child. A spoiled, possessive one, sure, but still just a child. "I want to feed my horse. Will you help me bring him some carrots?" she asked standing up
Back to top Go down
Mira of Lys

Mira of Lys

PostSubject: Re: Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena)   Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena) EmptyThu May 14, 2015 2:02 pm

Mira was glad that the gesture seemed to appease the child, and found it rather cute the girl wanted to bring her horsey carrots. She nodded her head and gently gathered up her little basket of things before standing turning to look at Olena "I am sure if we ask nicely the kitchens will not mind us taking a couple carrots for your horse. Do you like horse riding? in Essos they have grand horse races across the sands does Westeros do something similar?"
Back to top Go down
Olena Lannister

Olena Lannister

PostSubject: Re: Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena)   Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena) EmptyTue May 19, 2015 1:46 pm

"My horse is always hungry, we need to take a lot of carrots!" she replied nodding at her commets about the kitchen. Well, she had no doubt she would receive carrots for her horse, they barely could tell her no when she asked for after hours snacks! Heck, they were almost scared to chase after her when she sneaked in to steal cakes! As she stood up and took the basket in her her hands she nonchalantly took her hand and started leading her toward the kitchen: maybe after all the distinction of class didn't matter too much to her... at her question, though, she didn't really know what to answer "I don't know..." she had never been to a race before, they had never had a race at Casterly Rock and since she had never left, she never had any occasion to see one.
Back to top Go down
Mira of Lys

Mira of Lys

PostSubject: Re: Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena)   Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena) EmptyTue May 19, 2015 2:18 pm

"Actually eating too many carrots is bad, make horses sick. Tis why carrots are only for ummm.... gift?" she said trying to find the right words it was tricky to say the least. But she was very very happy that the girl seemed to like her for now. Blinking when her hand was taken and feeling the dull pulse looking at Olena as they walked together to the kitchens "it is okay not to know things.... I am old and know very little. Perhaps if you are good then Lord Lannister will take you to see a race, or maybe the two of you could have a race" smilling down at Olena before she politely knocked on the kitchen door. Asking in her broken westeros common for the carrots which after indicating the young miss were handed over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena)   Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena) Empty

Back to top Go down

Among the Lions: The Third Cub (Tag:Olena)
Page 1 of 1