Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas) Icon_portal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eire of Lys

Eire of Lys

Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas) Empty
PostSubject: Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas)   Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas) EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 7:03 pm

While lord Rhett was away Eire had been moved to other duties in the palace. And to her surprise she had been moved to work for lord Dymas. Eire couldn't be happier. She liked the older lord. He was kind and very charismatic. Not that she didn't mind working for lord Rhett. He wasn't a bad master, just a messy one at times like a young man was expected to be.
Lord Dymas was much more easier to serve for she thought. Less disgusting surprises for her to discover.
It was already late and the lord had gone to bed. Eire had decided to fix some of his shirts before she would retire to bed herself.
Once finished she folded the shirts neatly and carried them to his bedchamber. Intending to just quietly place them in their place and not disturb him further.
But upon getting close to the room she found it odd that the door was ajar. She had seen it closed the last time. Frowning slightly as a feeling of dread came over her. Making the hairs on the back of her neck stand up. Like sensing something terrible was waiting her in that room if she went there.
But also that same terrible thing was there with lord Dymas. What kind of person was she if she didn't do anything. Looking behind her. She could run to find the guards, but that could take too long and Dymas might be dead before they could come back.
And if she was wrong she would cause commotion over nothing. Carefully she peeked in to the room. Seeing a dark figure bend over the bed where her lord was sleeping in.
Without paying attention to her hands she had dropped all but one shirt. Her hands twisting it around her palms tight like a rope. Waiting for what the person would do. Upon seeing the gleam of a dagger in the moonlight her instincts took over. Running into the room and jumping on the mans back. Wrapping the shirt around his throat and pulling as hard as she could while trying to keep herself on the struggling man's back. The noise would surely wake lord Dymas up, but perhaps it was for the better for him to get to safety.
Back to top Go down
https://reignoffireandice.forumotion.com/t315-eire-of-lys
Dymas Montmayeur

Dymas Montmayeur

PostSubject: Re: Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas)   Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas) EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 9:23 pm

Dymas had gone to sleep after a quite heavy day of work: curse his nephew and his weird idea of becoming hand of the westeros queen! His place was here, where he was needed! But no, he had to scratch his itches in westeros, leaving him in charge once more... gosh he really wasn't born to reign, why couldn't he just be left alone? Oh, in those moments he surely missed the old times when he used to travel...
With those thoughts in mind he had fallen asleep, totally oblivious of the danger that was coming for him.

Dymas was totally absorbed in a dream that had as protagonists his two daughters, that were insisting to leave him to go to Westeros as well, against his will, when a sudden noise woke him up. He was on his feet before he knew it, and the scene he found in front of him horrified him: a young servant girl was fighting as she could against a man who was holding a knife... it didn't take long to understand what that knife was meant for, even if now it was directed to the girl it was unlikely to think that the man came all this way to kill a servant girl in his room.
Quickly he ran toward the place where he kept his sword, he had not a moment to lose, before the man could react he was over him and with a strong hit of his sword he cut off the hand that was holding the blade: he was old and rusty, but he had been quite a fighter when he was younger and luckily the age had not taken away all this talent.
Back to top Go down
https://reignoffireandice.forumotion.com/t309-dymas-montmayeur
Eire of Lys

Eire of Lys

PostSubject: Re: Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas)   Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas) EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 7:41 am

The man was strong, and Eire had a hard time hanging on. Luckily lord Dymas was up and would surely be getting to safety. To her surprise he didn't instead going to get his sword.
She had no idea how long she could hold on to this man, and if he got loose she didn't want him to hurt the older lord.
The sight of seeing the man's hand cut off made her look away. There was blood everywhere it seemed like. And the way the man was screaming didn't make her feel any better.
Out of pure survival instinct or for whatever reason the man started to slam his back against the wall. The bad news for her were that she was still on his back, thus she was getting the full force of the strikes.
This first slam knocked the air out of her lungs. The second slam caused the back of her head and back to hit the hard stone walls. The pain made her loosen her grip a little.
The man slammed his body once more against the wall. This time sending her to a daze, long enough for him to shake her off his back and run.
All she heard for a while were the footsteps of the man running. Then a few yells and more men running in the hallway. Probably the guards.
Slowly she was regaining her wits and full field of vision. Happy to see that her master was still alive. But yet ashamed slightly to have failed to restrain the assailant. And for seeming so pathetic right now on the floor. Trying to get up, but the pain on the back of her head stopped her from doing so. Sitting back on the floor to ease herself. "Are you alright my lord?" She asked him.
Back to top Go down
Dymas Montmayeur

Dymas Montmayeur

PostSubject: Re: Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas)   Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas) EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:13 am

As the man started screaming and hit the wall, hitting the maid as well, Dymas tried to stop him, but it was no use: desperation and youth made him stronger than he was. Cutting him gain would have done no good to solve the situation, beside, he didn't want to hurt the maid.
Then, after a third strong hit to the wall, the maid lost her grasp on him and fell on the floor: Dymas let him run away, he knew he couldn't escape and in that moment he was more concerned for the brave servant.
He bent on his knee next to her, trying to understand if she was alright: he owned this girl his own life...
"I am, my girl, thanks to you. Now stay still, I'll get a master to check on you."
In that moment a guard rushed in: they had evidently captured the criminal, he could still hear his screams and there was a lot of noise coming from the corridors.
"My lord, are you...?"
Dymas didn't let the guard finish his question "Yes, I am, but not thanks to you! If it wasn't for this brave girl here I surely wouldn't be, where were you you and your colleagues?" he shouted angrily at the guard, who was evidently hit by his words and stared ashamedly at the floor "Bah, I don't even wan to know now. We'll go back to this in the morning" the guard obviously wasn't pleased by the silent treat, but he could do nothing but nod "now go find a master for this girl."
Back to top Go down
Eire of Lys

Eire of Lys

PostSubject: Re: Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas)   Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas) EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:50 am

"This one is fine my lord. No need to trouble over me." She hurried to protest her lord upon calling his maester.
But was interrupted by the guard rushing in. Looking down to the floor too, feeling bad about her master yelling at the poor guard. But also this giddy feeling flaming in her chest when lord Dymas called her brave.
The guard left again. Eire hoped she wasn't an inconvenience to the lord. Her attention falling to the shirt that was still wrapped around her hand. Spreading it out on her lap and gasping as she saw a tear in it along with spots of blood on it. "This one is sorry my lord for ruining your shirt...."
Back to top Go down
Dymas Montmayeur

Dymas Montmayeur

PostSubject: Re: Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas)   Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas) EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 5:40 pm

Oh right... the weird vocabulary of the girl from Lys... he usually found i quite amusing, but in that moment he didn't really care.
"You saved my life, girl, that's worth far more than a shirt." He smiled kindly to her, almost amused by her worrying over a simple t-shirt. "I really don't know how to thank you, girl. You shall be rewarded for your bravery, but first, will you tell me your name? I want to know to whom I owe my life."
Back to top Go down
Eire of Lys

Eire of Lys

PostSubject: Re: Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas)   Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas) EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 6:14 pm

Eire blushed deeply. He must think her silly for worrying over the shirt. But it did matter to her. She had been taught that a slave should never prove themselves a bad investment. And the shirt probably cost more than her sale price.
"This one is called Eire my lord...." She said looking up at him shyly.
Back to top Go down
Dymas Montmayeur

Dymas Montmayeur

PostSubject: Re: Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas)   Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas) EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 7:19 pm

Dymas smiled once again to the girl "Eire, that's a lovely name you have" he commented in honesty. In that moment the master entered the room, all flustered and hurrying toward himself "I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm not the one who needs your attention: she does. If it wasn't for her I woldn't be here talking to you!" the master looked surprised by did as the lord was telling him and bent over to check on the girl.
Back to top Go down
Eire of Lys

Eire of Lys

PostSubject: Re: Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas)   Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas) EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 7:48 pm

She smiled shyly about the compliment. It felt odd hearing such things from the older man. And to be so close to him.
Suddenly the maester rushed into the room. At first going to lord Dymas like he was supposed to. But then starting to fuss over her. "This one is fine. Just feels a little dizzy when trying to stand up..." She tried to stand up again, but was pushed down by the maester. He made her bend her head. Probably checking if she had a wound.

"Just a mild concussion I believe. Just stay still until you feel better." The maester turned to Dymas. "Would you like me to have her removed out of your rooms sire?" He asked with a slimy smile on his lips.

Eire surely didn't want to leave the older lord's side. Although she felt awkward she also felt really safe here. But if the older lord found her a nuisance she would gladly leave the room.
Back to top Go down
Dymas Montmayeur

Dymas Montmayeur

PostSubject: Re: Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas)   Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas) EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 9:18 pm

Dymas stood up as the master starting checking on the girl. He was glad to hear it was nothing serious and he smiled relieved, but as the master asked if he wanted the girl gone he shook his head: "As I said, I owe this girl my life. What kind of man would I be if I sent her away in those conditions, after what she did for me?" He asked staring in the master's eyes: the other man looked embarrassed and apologized for his question, before asking if there was anything else he could do "No, master. Thank you for coming, you can go now." As dismissed, the master took his leave and once again it was only him and Eire "Do you think you can stand up now, my girl?" he asked stretching a hand toward her
Back to top Go down
Eire of Lys

Eire of Lys

PostSubject: Re: Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas)   Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas) EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 9:50 pm

Eire could feel her whole face burn bright red as the older lord offered her his aid. Gently taking his offered hand. It would be rude to refuse his aid when he so kindly offered it.
He pulled her on to her feet. Offering him a soft smile before she felt a jolt of pain go through her head. Making her legs almost give in under her.
Feeling his strong arms catch her around her waist. Feeling his body heat through the thin fabric of her dress. Looking up at him mortified. "I am sorry...." She gasped, not even realizing she had used first person term about herself.
Back to top Go down
Dymas Montmayeur

Dymas Montmayeur

PostSubject: Re: Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas)   Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas) EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 11:38 am

Dymas helped the girl stand on her feet, but immediately after she stood up he realized she was going to fall again: immediately he caught her before she could hit again the floor. Dymas quickly looked at her to see if she was in pain, but luckily everything seemed ok. He waved away her apology, there was no need. Helping her standing on her feet, he moved toward the door that gave into his living room "Come with me, child. I'll let you lay down where you can be more comfortable"
Back to top Go down
Eire of Lys

Eire of Lys

PostSubject: Re: Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas)   Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas) EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 12:26 pm

She let him help her on her feet. Moving with him to the seating area. "This one feels like a burden to you my lord...." She replied sitting down on the seat he helped her to.
Back to top Go down
Dymas Montmayeur

Dymas Montmayeur

PostSubject: Re: Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas)   Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas) EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 7:43 pm

He helped her to sit on a sofa, it was a comfortable one and another servant could bring her a blanket. "Nonsense, girl. You can spend here the nigh, if you need help just ring that bell" he said, pointing at a little bell on a close table "One of my servants will come for you." It was surely much for a simple girl, but Dymas was a man of honor who valued important to show gratitude. The girl had risked much for him... this was really the minimum he could do for her...
Back to top Go down
Eire of Lys

Eire of Lys

PostSubject: Re: Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas)   Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas) EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 8:27 pm

Eire cast her eyes on her lap. Her hands fiddling with her dress. "This one didn't mind giving her life for her master." She said glancing up at him shyly. "It would have been a shame if the assassin had succeeded."
Back to top Go down
Dymas Montmayeur

Dymas Montmayeur

PostSubject: Re: Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas)   Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas) EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 7:43 pm

"And that, my girl, is why I value so much what you just did. You'll have my endless gratitude" he smiled fondly to the girl, reflecting on how he had to think of a proper reward for the little servant. "Good night my girl, and remember, for any need just ring the bell" with this last phrase he left the room. He wished he could just go back to sleep but before that he had to have a word with his guards...
Back to top Go down
Eire of Lys

Eire of Lys

PostSubject: Re: Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas)   Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas) EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 8:34 pm

Eire smiled and bowed her head carefully. "Good night my lord. May your dreams be pleasant this time..." She said watching him leave the room. Laying down and curling herself to the sofa. Closing her eyes as she listened him scold his guards in the other room. Smiling softly as she drifted off to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas)   Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas) Empty

Back to top Go down

Like a moth to a flame (tag Dymas)
Page 1 of 1