Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  First Lesson (Tag: Amelia) - Page 2 Icon_portal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First Lesson (Tag: Amelia)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Amelia Cerwyn

Amelia Cerwyn

First Lesson (Tag: Amelia) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Lesson (Tag: Amelia)   First Lesson (Tag: Amelia) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 12:52 am

"That is true, but it's not like I'm going to let you get hurt." Amelia shook her head with a light smile as she hung off of the side of the tree trunk. "As for my attacks I doubt that they will be strong enough to completely stop them, but you might be able to ward them off pretty well." Amelia watched as Kayley's eyes lit up with excitement and chuckled. Then she saw Kayley try to copy her movements and dig her shield into tree only to lose it. So she does get it, maybe she will need a bit of both. Amelia was gauging Kayley, trying to figure out if she was going to copy everyone or forge her own way. "So you are watching my movements, and learning." Amelia made a bunch of slash marks in the trees on her way down to the ground. She then picked up Kayley's shield and tossed it at her. "Hey catch! Try it now using the slash marks I made in the tree already. Let's how excited you are now." Amelia smirked.
Back to top Go down
https://reignoffireandice.forumotion.com/t63-amelia-cerwyn
Kayley Stark

Kayley Stark

PostSubject: Re: First Lesson (Tag: Amelia)   First Lesson (Tag: Amelia) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 3:44 pm

Well, at least Amelia was having a little more confidence in her now.  Kayley tried to keep that in mind.  At least she wasn't seen as being a hopeless cause or anything.  Amelia made some marks in the tree before getting to the bottom and tossing Kayley's shield back up to her.  Kayley gave a little squeak as she fumbled with the shield for a moment, but she managed to catch it.  Hopefully, getting to the bottom would be easier now that Amelia had gouged out a path for her in the tree.  She lodged her shield in one of the marks as she slid down.  The marks made it easier and they helped guide her on where to go next.  Her grip weakened on her shield weakened for a moment when she got close to the bottom, but she managed to land without falling on her face, which she was grateful for.
Back to top Go down
https://reignoffireandice.forumotion.com/t37-kayley-stark
Amelia Cerwyn

Amelia Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: First Lesson (Tag: Amelia)   First Lesson (Tag: Amelia) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 3:20 am

Amelia walked over to Kayley and knelt down on one knee to look at Kayley, "You must be tired from that mustn't you?" Amelia splashed some water on Kayley from her canteen; then she helped her sit up against the tree trunk. "Here, drink this while I take you armor off. You should try doing that with two shield, or just shoes" Amelia gave her a pot of water, and proceeded to take off the borrowed armor and tunic. Amelia mumbled, thinking out loud, occasionally chuckling. "You have real potential kid. We have to work on your strength though. It's just knowing what you want to do with this knowledge." Amelia looked somber as she sat there looking at the armor Kayley had borrowed. "Now, the understand the problem with borrowed armor, probably." Amelia let breathed,letting out a heavy sigh. "I will let you catch your breath if you need to. What exactly do you want to learn for anyway?"
Back to top Go down
Kayley Stark

Kayley Stark

PostSubject: Re: First Lesson (Tag: Amelia)   First Lesson (Tag: Amelia) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 12:57 pm

"A little, I guess," Kayley replied.  She had barely got out her answer though when Amelia splashed some water on her.  Kayley gave a slight cough as she rubbed the water out of her eyes.  That had been a bit unexpected, although the cold water did feel a little good on her face.  She gulped down some more as Amelia helped her get her armor off.  She was happy to hear that Amelia thought she had potential.  "So I can protect people," she replied.  "Before I was adopted by Proteus and Juliana, my family was killed.  I didn't know how to fight.  I couldn't do anything."  She ran a hand through her hair.  "So, I decided that I wanted to learn so I could protect my new family, if something bad happened again.  I know my father's a lot more capable than I am, and that Robin will get a lot of instruction once he gets old enough, but I still want to contribute something."
Back to top Go down
Amelia Cerwyn

Amelia Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: First Lesson (Tag: Amelia)   First Lesson (Tag: Amelia) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 3:50 am

Amelia slowly nodded her head as Kayley told her story of her parents. Amelia turned her head away from Kayley whispering, and repeating her statement. "To protect people, huh . . . . .?" Amelia got up from the tree trunk and walked over to one of the armor stands. "You did do something though. Don't think that because you cannot fight does not mean you have no options or choices." Amelia looked around for some wood before grabbing some armor and taking it to Kayley. Then seeing an old tree trunk she rolled it over to where Kayley as best a she could. "See, right now you have an opportunity to learn that. Think  about it, the Starks took you in, and got you a sword trainer/master." That was more than Amelia could say about her life with the Brackens as she sat on the tree trunk she had pushed over breathing heavily, and splashing water on herself. "Kayley, don't worry about Robin is it? Proteus is a good fighter, but he will most likely teach your brother to deal with immediate threats in front of him; therefore, seeming a bit limiting in fighting style. Besides I'm sure he's still got a few years left before that happens." Amelia got up and moved two armor stands close to them. "The taller one is mine; the shorter one yours." Amelia stared down at Kayley in thought.
Back to top Go down
Kayley Stark

Kayley Stark

PostSubject: Re: First Lesson (Tag: Amelia)   First Lesson (Tag: Amelia) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 8:58 pm

Kayley knew Amelia had a point.  Just because you couldn't fight didn't mean you had nothing to contribute.  After all, Sansa Stark herself hadn't been a warrior, and she had outlived many of her family members because she knew how to fool the people around her.  She had used her wits to save herself.  But Kayley wasn't sure if she could do something like that.  Sure, she knew more than the village idiot, but she wasn't very good at lying or knowing how to play people.  If she could just whack people over the head with a weapon, that would be much more satisfying for her.  At least Amelia understood where she was coming from, though.  She soon brought out two stands, each one with a set of armor on it.  Kayley inspected it for a moment.  It didn't seem like she would be wearing something that was the equivalent of a pile of rocks.  But it still looked like it had quite a bit of extra weight on it, and that made her uneasy.  "How long did it take you to learn how to fight in this stuff?" she asked, looking up at Amelia.
Back to top Go down
Amelia Cerwyn

Amelia Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: First Lesson (Tag: Amelia)   First Lesson (Tag: Amelia) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 11:34 pm

Amelia snapped out of it with Kayley's question about the armor. "What?" Amelia turned her head to Kayley inspecting the armor. "You get heavy arm and leg plates, and double-layered breast plates." Amelia tilted her head, listening intently to Kayley's question. "Oh, how long it took to learn . . . . . " Amelia threw her hair behind her. Looking up at the sky and then back down to Kayley, she recounted her time wearing armor, "I started wearing it when I was about 10, I believe. I took me some months to get used to moving in it, after that it took anywhere for one to two years to consistently fight well in it." Amelia walked over to the armor stand Kayley was going to be wearing. "The reason you get this armor stand is because the armor on it is more traditional. Where as mine has gotten more custom." She strode over to hers showing multiple pieces of chain mail, as well as layers of armor. "Eventually, got to point where I took it off." Amelia held out her arm to show some of her scars. "But don't worry about it. I won't let anything too bad happen to you." Amelia ran her finger through her hand.
Back to top Go down
Kayley Stark

Kayley Stark

PostSubject: Re: First Lesson (Tag: Amelia)   First Lesson (Tag: Amelia) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 9:37 pm

Kayley resisted the urge to groan.  It could take up to two years to learn how to fight well in this?  She swallowed.  She wasn't going to complain about this.  After all, she had taken tons of lessons to be good at singing and dancing.  It would probably take tons of lessons to be good at this.  She tentatively pulled the breast plates off the stand.  They were weighty in her hands, but not so heavy that she couldn't take a few steps while they were in her hands.  "So...how do you put this on?" she asked, peering at it curiously.  Kayley had never worn a suit of armor before.  It wasn't exactly seen as proper lady attire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Lesson (Tag: Amelia)   First Lesson (Tag: Amelia) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

First Lesson (Tag: Amelia)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2