HomeHome    CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Nice to meet you.... my love.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Adam Tully

PostSubject: Nice to meet you.... my love.   Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:45 am

Adam walked around in the gardens of Riverrun. His brother had told him to come here and meet someone, but actually he wasn't amused. He had duties to fulfill and since his cousin died and Tycho was in charge, things needed to be rearranged and done to Tycho's pleasure, not John's. Adam sighed and stroke through his hair.

He had heard or more listened to Tycho telling him to marry a Mormont now, cause the bond needed to be made again, but still. He knew the last Mormont was still a girl. How was he supposed to act like a husband than a father? Every woman he had shared bed with was more... expierenced. He sighed again. Adam lifted his head and looked into the sky.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://reignoffireandice.forumotion.com/t244-adam-tully
Eilonwy Mormont

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you.... my love.   Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:08 pm

Eilonwy was in the godswood, sitting next to the heart tree, humming a tune and making a garland. The past days had been… quite stressful and filled with sorrow. After Jane’s loss, her parent had decided to push for a new wedding between the Tully and the Mormont; the alliance was needed and with John and Jane’s death they needed to make a new bridge between the two families. It didn’t matter how much sorrow their death left behind, mother kept saying that the world moved on and so had to do them. Tough Eilonwy could see her eyes get teary and sad whenever she though nobody could see her…
And now here they were, just a few weeks after her sister’s death. It was just her and her mother, the rest of the family remained behind, after all after Garrett’s wedding there was still so much to do… They would have joined later. Meanwhile at least mother and her could visit Jane’s grave, a pray the seven for her. Now Eilonwy was making a garland for her, Jane loved flowers and she was sure she would have wanted some on her grave…
Eilonwy didn’t know much her sister, they never really go to spend much time together, they were always so different… Jane always was with their mother, being a good daughter and following mother’s lessons… while Eilonwy always tried to sneak away, go out, have fun… still, no matter how different they were, Eilonwy still loved her sister, and she would miss her… now they would never get a chance to actually bond more…
Now, she knew her mother waited for her in the gardens, that there was this important meeting she had to attend to… but that could wait a little bit, now, couldn’t it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://reignoffireandice.forumotion.com/t50-eilonwy-mormont
Adam Tully

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you.... my love.   Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:34 pm

Adam sighed and walked forward into the garden. They would find him, if he was needed, he was sure. He came by the heart tree, his favorite place to think about important decisions and stopped. Someone was already there. Adam hesitated. The girl, she still looked like one, eventhough she must be at an age ready to marry, looked busy. And Adam hated to disturb people, if it wasn't needed. He turned around and motioned to go, before he decided otherwise.

Slowly he walked towards the tree and the girl. "Good afternoon.", he greeted politely. He didn't meant to scare her, though it seemed he at least surprised her.
Back to top Go down
Eilonwy Mormont

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you.... my love.   Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:22 pm

Eilonwy was still humming her little and sweet melody when the sound of a voice reached her: she didn't hear the boy approaching, she could easily slip in her own little world and be totally oblivious of what surrounded her. His voice startled her a bit, but as soon as she focused on who was approaching her she smiled "Good afternoon to you, my lord" she said with a sweet smile, still sitting. "I'm sorry if I don't stood up but if I did such a thing all my flowers would be scattered on the ground." she said with a new smile, probably meant to be an apologetic smile but quite too carefree to reach its purpose. "Did... my mother send you for me?" she asked hesitant. She knew who he was, she remembered him from the wedding, even if they didn't have a chance to talk back then she still knew he was the young lord of the Tullys... the stranger her parents expected her to marry...
Back to top Go down
Adam Tully

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you.... my love.   Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:28 pm

Adam nodded politely. "There is no need to stay up when you see me.", he shrugged. She had been here first and eventhough he was the leader of the soldiers on Riverrun, he didn't feel like a lord or a high ranked man.

"Your mother?", he frowned. Was this girl the little Mormont he should marry? Adam looked down at her, he was slightly clueless. "My brother told me to come and wait here.", he added vaguely.
Back to top Go down
Eilonwy Mormont

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you.... my love.   Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:50 pm

"My flowers are grateful for that" she replied with an amused smile before he continued. She stared at him for a moment, wondering if he had recognized her as she had him. Something made her think he hadn't, but she couldn't be sure... "Here?" she asked, looking surprised. "Then my mother tricked me..." she continued, speaking more to herself than to him: mother probably had guessed she would miss the appointment, and knowing her she had given her the wrong place. 'Well played mother... but not well enough...'. She could have the chance to talk to the person she was going to marry without having to deal with the awkwardness of many eyes staring at them, she wasn't going to waste such a chance. But she needed to hurry, she could already hear footsteps approaching. She lifted two hems of her dress to support the flowers and stood up, using her free hand to take Adam's hand "Come with me" she asked, smiling to him before she started walking.
Back to top Go down
Adam Tully

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you.... my love.   Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:43 pm

Adam was surprised when she just had to the courage to take his hand and dragged him with her. This girl was quite a wild thing. Following her little steps now in a slow pace next to her, he assumed she wanted to go deeper into the gardens. "I would suggest to go back and just take it as it is, my little lady.", he mentioned shrugging. " My brother will find us anyway. We played most of the times in this garden when we were young, so there is no corner he might not know of."

Adam was amused. "You don't like your mother?", he asked carefully. He had loved his and couldn't really understand the opposite. But indeed he wasn't a girl. " I think running from the marriage will just make it worse."
Back to top Go down
Eilonwy Mormont

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you.... my love.   Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:14 pm

She chuckles as he called her 'little lady', before she turned toward him, still walking and gently pulling him with her. She smiled mischievously to him "Oh but I don't want them to lose us, I just want a little time, that's it. I will be so much less awkward meeting with the others once we met on our own: I count on the fact that they won't send for us too soon, thinking we might just be late." she replied with honesty, explaining her point of view before she glanced once again in front of her. She had not exactly an idea of where they could go, but she wanted to get away from the meeting spot and find a place where she could finish in peace her garland and start to know this stranger she would have to call husband in not too much time.
"I love my mother" she replied without hesitation, without even needing to turn back to look t him: she could partially understand his confusion "We just have different ideas about what I should do and how" she shrugged lightly: it wasn't such a big deal to her, she was able any way to have her way. Then, at his last remark, she chuckled again, evidently amused: how silly! "If I wanted to run from this marriage I would run from you, not with you." she flashed him an amused smile
Back to top Go down
Adam Tully

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you.... my love.   Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:43 pm

Adam stopped walking and therefore caused Eilonwy to stop as well. He didn't knew why he just remembered her name, but she had said some good points. Maybe they should talk and get to know each other before just heading into a marriage full of mistrust. He wouldn't like it.

"May I?", he asked, before he lifted her up on his arms, making sure her flowers didn't got any harm. Adam turned around and walked along a different path deeper into the garden. There was a place his brother might not find that easily and it would give them time to talk.

In front of a few huge stones, hidden by trees he stopped and set her back on her feet. "I think this is a good place for a talk."
Back to top Go down
Eilonwy Mormont

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you.... my love.   Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:34 pm

As Adam stopped walking, she was forced to do so as well. She turned to look at him wit a curious glance, tilting her head: why did he stop? Didn't he like her idea? Or maybe was he scared of their families reactions to such disobedience? She had no idea, and she was even more confused when, without waiting for her answer, he lifted her in his arms. Instinctively she put her arm around his neck: well, she didn't mind being carried like that, and he had been careful to her flower which was good.

When he put her again on her feet, she was careful not to let the flowers fall: then, after all, he did want to talk. She smiled, she had no reason to hide her enthusiasm at the news. "Do you mind if I finish my garland while we talk? It's fairly important to me" she asked while sitting down on the rock: the garland was now almost done, she just had to add a couple of flowers...
Back to top Go down
Adam Tully

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you.... my love.   Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:51 pm

Adam shook his head. "Finish it, when it makes you happy.", it was a girl thing and she was Jane's sister so he assumed it must be for her grave. More funeral, the bodies would be taken by the sea soon. Poor girl, because if the plague, she was pushed into a marriage and lost something important.

It wasn't that he didn't lost someone important to him, but he thought of himself as being adult enough to bare it. He had to. The duties around the castle kept him busy. " Your turn to ask first.", he said mildly.
Back to top Go down
Eilonwy Mormont

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you.... my love.   Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:19 am

"Thank you" she replied with a nod and a grateful smile while she re-started working on her garland. As h gave her the first turn she couldn't help but chuckle "Let's see... what could be my first question..." she thought out loud, still looking down at the flowers "Oh I know! What was your reaction when they told you you had to get married to me?" She didn't raise her head, but she did look up a him with a little smirk on her lips: now that was going to be interesting...
Back to top Go down
Adam Tully

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you.... my love.   Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:32 pm

Adam looked at her quietly for a moment. Then he decided truth would be better than lying to her. "I was busy and just listened with half an ear. There were more important thoughts in my head. I just nodded and took it as it was.", he shrugged. He had the garde of Riverrun under him, duties never slept. Later on, he had more thoughts to think about it and he indeed got some doubts. But his brother was Lord and he had to do as he wished.

"What was your first thought when your mother told you?"
Back to top Go down
Eilonwy Mormont

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you.... my love.   Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:17 pm

She listened carefully, a quiet smile still on her lips while she kept working on the garland: if she was displeased with what he had just said, she really knew how to hide it.
"I was quite... surprised" she replied without looking up from the flowers "My mother called me in her room two days after we learnt about Jane's loss, and she told me that I had been bethroded to the youngest lord of the Tullys, to keep alive the bond between our two families. I had never thought I would leave Bear Island... I was pretty sure I would end up marrying one local noble man... That was quite unexpected." Eilonwy sighed, taking a moment to check the garland: it was almost done, all the flowers were in their places, she just needed to fix it a bit. "Truth is... I never thought much about marriage before." she was different from Jane, Jane's fairy tales about true love... they just didn't convince her completely "I don't even think my mother saw me much as marriage material." she added chuckling "that is, until I was needed for political reasons." she kept a light tone, even though the subject was quite heavy "So... I have to be honest, I just tried not to think much about it." She was being bluntly honest... but if he didn't like her, it was better to find out sooner rather than later...
Back to top Go down
Adam Tully

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you.... my love.   Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:08 pm

Adam sat down on the grass next to Eilonwy. "I guess so.", he answered shortly. "But marriages are always political, as long as there is a need for it. I doubt I would have married, if my brother wouldn't have told me to do.", he wasn't into women. At least he wasn't into men either. He would've wished for a marriage like his oldest brother had and sometimes he wished he would be more a womanizer like his middle brother was. But both wasn't for him to choose.

"Don't get me wrong. I would never dare to mistreat you. I just... never saw the reason to be bonded to someone. For me, you look like a little girl, pretty, but the full beauty didn't bloom yet. I'm confused. The women I normally stick around with are older.", Adam paused. He felt like he said too much. He, whom was normally the quietest of the Tully brothers told to many of his thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Eilonwy Mormont

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you.... my love.   Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:23 pm

She listened to his first words without talking: sure, it didn't exactly please her to be just an imposition on someone who would rather not get married... but she could still understand that...
She finished he garland, checking it to be sure it was complete before she left the leftover flowers fall on the ground.
And then, after saying how he would never mistreat her, the boy started saying how she was ok, but not quite good enough. What the hell! She was pretty and she knew that! And she was young but not that young, she had started receiving attention from man a whole year before. Sure, she hadn't been interested... but who was he now to state that 'her full beauty didn't bloom yet'. She noted to herself she would make him swallow back those words, nobody messed with her pride.

"You say you wouldn't mistreat me, and then you openly offend me. That's not quite what I had in mind when I suggested to talk, but I suppose I should still thank you for being so... honest." she replied quite coldly
Back to top Go down
Adam Tully

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you.... my love.   Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:31 pm

Adam sighed at her words. He picked up some of the flowers, she let fall on the ground and played with them. He had to think what to tell her next. It seemed like she was wild, but her pride was like the one all women had. It wasn't meant to offend her. She just seemed too young for him to be married. And surely he knew that they married their daughters fast when they reached an acceptable ageg to be married. He just didn't know how to care for her.

Adam stood up and placed a floral wrath on her head. "It was more a compliment. You'll be reaching a beauty no one would withstand. I'm sure you'll find out fast how to use it for your advantage. I'm better be prepared. I don't like to fight against man just to defend your and my honor.", he smiled warmly.
Back to top Go down
Eilonwy Mormont

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you.... my love.   Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:07 am

She remained quiet as well, waiting for him to break the silence, until he stood up and approached her, placing a floral wrath on her head. Now this pleased her, as well as his words. She smiled to him, a gentle smile with a hint of mischievousness in it. She stood up as well and quickly kissed him on the cheek, and innocent and yet impertinent gesture "Yes, you better be" she replied cheerly before she sat down again.

"Now, my turn for another question..." she kept on in the same cheerful tone, going on like nothing happened "let's see... what can I ask? Oh I know! Tell me something you like."
Back to top Go down
Adam Tully

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you.... my love.   Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:01 pm

"Something I like...", Adam repeated quietly and slightly surprised, while leaning against a tree. "I like books. I like to study, when I'm not busy with duties.", he shared a warm smile with her. "Or simply you'll find me at a calm and quiet place.", he closed his eyes, then looked back to Eilonwy. "Now tell me things you like.", he wondered what this young and wild girl liked, besides flowers and teasing her mother.
Back to top Go down
Eilonwy Mormont

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you.... my love.   Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:06 pm

She listened carefully to Adam's words, letting the notions of what the man liked sink in. As he retorted her the question, she smiled brightly, making herslf more comfortable and leaning against the three as well, close to him "Well, I'm sorry to say I'm not too keen in calm and quiet" she started with a gentle and apologetic smile "I like parties and celebrations, and dancing... and I like horses, I find horse riding both entertaining and soothing. And I like just, you know, taking walk in the gardens... I loved walking around with my friends and my brothers at bear Island..." then, as she didn't want to end on a sad note, she continued in a more joking tone "And then, you know, pretty dresses, shoes, jewels, all those girly stuffs, of course."
Back to top Go down
Adam Tully

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you.... my love.   Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:48 pm

Adam chuckled slightly. "I thought so. If you don't mind I like to join your walks and rides.", he smiled warmly. "As for the rest... I mostly have to work on those kind of parties.", and he wasn't a huge fan of them. For him they were rather boring. Maybe his fiancee could prove him otherwise.

"So you can dance?", he asked calmly. "You're sister could dance really graceful.", he smiled sadly. "I'm sorry, I didn't want to mention her."
Back to top Go down
Eilonwy Mormont

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you.... my love.   Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:17 pm

"I'd be happy to walk and ride with you, but I do hope you'll want to dance with me, at least from time to time! I'm sure your duties could wait just the time of one dance..." she replied with a sweet smile. Oh, no way she was gonna let him abandon her at every party and celebration, she was sure she can lure him in somehow.
As he mentioned her sister just to ask for forgiveness immediately after she smiled, a bit sadly "You don't need to apologize, I don't mind that you mention her, it's nice knowing people noticed how graceful she was... but yes, to reply to your question, I can dance"
Back to top Go down
Adam Tully

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you.... my love.   Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:04 pm

"Maybe you can teach me first, so I won't be all clumsy on our wedding dance.", he suggested. Indeed he was a quite good dancer, thanks to his parents and teachers who forced him to do lessons in every kind possible. Adam was the third son, so the only thing he was good for, was a marriage that would bring more power to the family or being a good soldier. Seems like he would do both. It wasn't that he disliked studies and he was a curious man, but the methods of his family were quite rough.

"I may be ready to take my first lesson now.", he bowed slightly.
Back to top Go down
Eilonwy Mormont

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you.... my love.   Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:23 pm

She chuckled lightly, smiling to him while she stared at him as he bowed to her. After a moment she put her garland on a rock and approached him: she curtsied to him before she took his right hand in her hand and accompanied his left hand on her waist, putting then her own hand on his shoulder. “It will be my pleasure to teach you.” there was no music to dance to, but somehow it didn’t matter, she found it nice… almost romantic…
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nice to meet you.... my love.   

Back to top Go down

Nice to meet you.... my love.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1