HomeHome    CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Thinking (Tag: Anyone)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jasmine

PostSubject: Thinking (Tag: Anyone)   Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:34 pm

Truthfully, Jasmine had a bit on her mind right now.  Her last conversation with Kale was still on her mind, and truthfully, she was worried about him.  Kale always meant well, but he was so self-conscious and antsy.  And Jasmine knew that things like that were considered weakness by many of the Dothraki, including her brother.  Draeko was on her mind too.  He had been spending a lot of time with Teegra, and Jasmine wondered if it was just the usual thing between them, or if something else was going on.  Truthfully, she wanted Draeko to find love again.  He had had it once, and had even had children with the woman.  But now she was gone, and Draeko was on his own, in a sense.  Jasmine tried to be by his side, but she knew a healer couldn't be a replacement for a khaleesi.  She sighed as she looked out over the lake, her arms wrapped around her knees.  She always felt like she could come here whenever things were troubling her.  It was always so peaceful and quiet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://reignoffireandice.forumotion.com/t57-jasmine-character-pr
Khal Draeko

PostSubject: Re: Thinking (Tag: Anyone)   Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:05 pm

Draeko walked to the lake, one of his favorite places from time to time. He had to make sure if everyone was safe in the town cause night was starting to reach it. Actually, he could've send some of his soldiers but he needed to think.

Someone sitting near the lake was catching his attention. He walked a bit faster. When he realised who it was, a small sigh slipped out of his lips. "It's getting dark sister. You'll better go home.", he addressed her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jasmine

PostSubject: Re: Thinking (Tag: Anyone)   Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:50 pm

Jasmine looked up when a familiar voice spoke to her.  How was it that Draeko appeared right when he had been on Jasmine's mind?  The world was funny sometimes.  She gave a soft laugh.  "The dark doesn't scare me," she said playfully, stretching her legs out.  "Besides, if anything wants to mess with me, they'll have you to deal with."  Having the Khal as a brother was a major perk for Jasmine.  Having a Khal for a brother was kind of like an immunity.  Nobody dared mess with her for fear of making Draeko angry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://reignoffireandice.forumotion.com/t57-jasmine-character-pr
Khal Draeko

PostSubject: Re: Thinking (Tag: Anyone)   Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:37 pm

"Lucky you.", he answered smirking and slightly playful. Draeko walked towards her and sat down next to Jasmine. He looked at her concerned. " What brings you here?", he didn't mind actually, just it came to his mind that something was going on behind his back and he needed to figure out quick. The talk with Kale and now the somehow upset face of his sister.

He was in charge and needed to make sure everything was alright. Draeko hoped they didn't intended to force him to something. It was family, but he wouldn't mind doing whatever had to be done to stay in charge for now. The town was getting restless and the rumours didn't help either.

An inner conflict would just make things worser.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jasmine

PostSubject: Re: Thinking (Tag: Anyone)   Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:10 am

Jasmine smiled back at Draeko as he sat beside her.  She always liked moments like this, when it was just the two of them.  It seemed like those moments were becoming more and more rare as the two of them had gotten older.  "Just thinking about...things," she replied.  Jasmine wasn't sure where to start.  Was Teegra a touchy subject right now?  She didn't want to go assuming things about her.  She decided to start with a slightly easier topic.  "I'm a little worried about Kale.  I know he's good at fighting and his heart is in the right place, but he seems worried about...well, everything."
Back to top Go down
Khal Draeko

PostSubject: Re: Thinking (Tag: Anyone)   Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:01 pm

Draeko looked at his sister. He always took great importance in her words, even though he might not show it. "I know.", he finally answered slowly. "I gave him the opportunity to see how real life really works. Kale will rule the village for tomorrow. I'm very interested if he can do better than I did around that age.", Draeko pressed his lips shortly together. His father let him go through the same and even if no one could remember anymore, Draeko indeed had a soft side. Hardened by his father's lessons.

Jasmine, she was the only one looking through his cold behavior. Sadly they were both too busy to share moments like this. His former wife... He never really knew if she loved him or feared him. Draeko moved a bit, so he sat next to Jasmine. "How are you?", he asked gently.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jasmine

PostSubject: Re: Thinking (Tag: Anyone)   Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:37 pm

Jasmine gave a little nod.  That seemed like a good idea.  Hopefully, Kale would do a decent job and wouldn't get overwhelmed with all the responsibilities.  New things kind of daunted him sometimes, which was understandable.  It was always hard to adjust to something new.  But if Kale was to be a good Khal someday, he needed to learn that he couldn't show fear, even if he was feeling it.  

"Doing okay.  I'm glad I have an assistant," she said.  "I think she has the potential to be a healer herself if she's taught the right things."  Even though Shanti was young, Jasmine could tell that she was eager to please, and that could drive her to learn about being a healer if Jasmine pushed her in the right direction.  She was quiet for a moment before asking "How's Teegra?  Is she getting used to living here?"  Slaves either became broken by the Dothraki way of life, or they became adjusted to it.  There wasn't much of an in-between.  Jasmine just hoped the question didn't seem too out-of-the-blue.  But if her brother thought of her as more than a slave, Jasmine felt like she wanted to know more about her.
Back to top Go down
Khal Draeko

PostSubject: Re: Thinking (Tag: Anyone)   Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:29 pm

"It's good to hear that.", Draeko answered. The village would be in need of a good healer, when time came that Jasmine wasn't able to work anymore.

Draeko grunted. " She'll doing fine. I'm sure Teegra will get used to it. Either that or she'll die soon. For now, she's crying a lot about her past.", he shook his head. There had been a lot of different types of slaves in the village and Teegra's reaction was kind of normal, whenever somehow annoying.

She indeed made Draeko want to play with her, to see how much she would endure till she either broke or stood up for her own. Draeko looked at his sister. "What are you thinking about?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jasmine

PostSubject: Re: Thinking (Tag: Anyone)   Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:18 pm

Jasmine frowned.  Draeko seemed a bit...indifferent, when it came to Teegra.  Could Jasmine be overestimating how much her brother cared for her?  Truth be told, part of her had been hoping that he would find a new Khaleesi for a while.  And just maybe, Teegra could fill that role, if she made Draeko happy enough.  "I've just been thinking...you've been spending a lot of time with her lately," she said, figuring she might as well tell the truth.  "I even hear she's been learning our language, so she can understand us better."  She remembered how Khaleesie Daenerys had done the same, whenever she had been married to Khal Drogo.  She had been a Targaryen, a foreigner, an outsider.  And yet, she had won the heart of more than a few Dorthraki.  The romantic in her made her feel like maybe a union between her brother and Teegra could be the same, if their relationship ever went that far.
Back to top Go down
Khal Draeko

PostSubject: Re: Thinking (Tag: Anyone)   Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:58 am

Draeko looked at his sister and thought what to answer. "She doesn't know her duties yet. And she wanted to learn the language to understand life here better.", he shrugged. Even to himself the sentences sounded like a lame excuse. He could have sent her to the other slaves and let them tell Teegra everything. Just ignore her like he did with all the others and fulfill his duties in the village.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jasmine

PostSubject: Re: Thinking (Tag: Anyone)   Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:14 pm

Jasmine bit her lip.  She wasn't sure what to make of Draeko's reaction.  And she still wasn't sure if she was reading into this too much.  Maybe she could get a better idea of things if she talked to Teegra.  The woman was trying to learn Dothraki, after all.  Maybe Jasmine could teach her a few things.  "Well, at least she's trying," she said.  "Some slaves here don't even attempt to learn our language.  They think it's too guttural or something."  Sure, Dothraki wasn't the prettiest-sounding language in the world, but it didn't have to be.  Beauty wasn't the most important thing here.
Back to top Go down
Khal Draeko

PostSubject: Re: Thinking (Tag: Anyone)   Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:56 pm

"True words, sister.", Draeko smiled at her. "But most of them are afraid to ask something like that, I guess.", he sighed. " We are barbaric.", Draeko chuckled. Those slaves who lived a long time with them, learned that the Dothraki weren't that cruel like it was told in the other lands, but the newest were always so frightened that they had problems with simple orders.

Teegra somehow doesn't seemed to have done any serving earlier. Her behavior mostly was the one of someone ordering. It was interesting to see that she tried to be a slave but always ended up being too curious and asking things, someone else would've punished her for. If Draeko wouldn't own her, a different master would've already caused a lot of wounds on her pretty body.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jasmine

PostSubject: Re: Thinking (Tag: Anyone)   Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:38 pm

Jasmine stuck her tongue out childishly at the idea of them being barbaric.  Sure, the Dothraki fought a lot more than other cultures did, and their way of life was built on who was the strongest and who could win the most battles.  But that wasn't what everything was about.  There was love here, and storytelling, and bonds between friends that lasted lifetimes.  None of that was barbaric.  "Maybe we should travel and set the record straight, show people what we really are," she said.  "People seem to forget the part that we've played in their histories.  I doubt a Targaryen would even be on the throne right now if it wasn't for us."  After all, being part of the Dothraki had helped Daenerys begin her quest to get back her throne.  Without that drive, she never would have reclaimed the Seven Kingdoms, and Marina Targaryen would not be queen right now.
Back to top Go down
Khal Draeko

PostSubject: Re: Thinking (Tag: Anyone)   Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:49 pm

Draeko laughed out loud. The behaviour of his sister amused him. "Yes, maybe we should pay the queen a visit. I'm sure she'd be happy to see us.", he chuckled. His eyes shimmered in a playful way. "Before, we find someone teaching us manners and while being at court, we try to find out to whom we can be barbaric the next time. So there is no doubt about the rumours."

Draeko wouldn't dare to visit the queen. He had his hands full with keeping his village safe. And his son needed to be taught in ruling. He gave him to much space to live freely. Kale needed to learn the hard truth.

Teegra on the other side kept him busy enough too. Draeko needed to take more time for his sister as well and there were a lot of little problems who needed to be fixed. The life of a Khal wasn't just robbing and killing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jasmine

PostSubject: Re: Thinking (Tag: Anyone)   Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:22 pm

Jasmine had to laugh at little at the mental image of her and the Dothraki being at the fancy-schmancy palace at King's Landing.  No doubt any nobles there would be horrified to see a bunch of "savages" in a place like that.  "It'd make for an interesting dinner party, that's for sure," she said.  Of course, she knew Draeko was joking about going over there.  She doubted it would ever happen.  But she couldn't help but imagine what it would be like, to cross the sea, to enter a place she had never seen before.  The prospect of going to a new place was a bit tempting.
Back to top Go down
Khal Draeko

PostSubject: Re: Thinking (Tag: Anyone)   Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:09 pm

"Are you day-dreaming now, little sister?", he asked teasingly. He could slightly imagine, that his sister would like the life overseas. But he would never let her go. He needed her here. Draeko smiled at her. "I like your laugh. I feel like I haven't heard it often for a while.", he sighed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jasmine

PostSubject: Re: Thinking (Tag: Anyone)   Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:56 pm

"Maybe," Jasmine replied with a smirk.  She could be the "head in the clouds" type of girl when she wanted to be.  Her mind could wander for hours if she didn't have anything to do.  "And I like seeing you happy," she said in turn.  She had been a little worried about how her brother might fare after his wife was gone.  But he seemed to be doing okay.  Jasmine hoped it stayed that way.
Back to top Go down
Khal Draeko

PostSubject: Re: Thinking (Tag: Anyone)   Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:24 pm

Draeko stayed silent. He didn't knew how to react on his sister after her statement. Did he look that unhappy? He was busy. And yes, it hurt him, that his wife had to die, but... The rules of the village were the rules he had to obey to like everyone else. There was no time to think about it, he had to care for everyone else as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jasmine

PostSubject: Re: Thinking (Tag: Anyone)   Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:34 pm

Jasmine wasn't sure how to interpret Draeko's silence.  True, he hadn't exactly been all mopey after his wife was dead.  He couldn't afford to be.  But nevertheless, she had worried about him, like any sister would.  Part of her had wondered if his wife's death would hurt him.  Maybe it did, maybe it didn't.  But either way, he didn't let it get in the way of him being a leader for his people, and Jasmine saw that as a sign of strength.  "Think we'll stay here for a while?  Or are you planning another raid soon?" she asked, breaking the silence.  The Dothraki liked to move around quite a bit, traveling here and there to pillage a few places here and there.  Maybe pick up a few more people for slaves.  Jasmine usually went along during these trips, mostly to help tend anyone who was hurt.  The Dothraki were strong men, but not everyone was immune to things like infections or fevers.  And Jasmine wanted to be sure that she was there to help if things like that ever happened.
Back to top Go down
Khal Draeko

PostSubject: Re: Thinking (Tag: Anyone)   Mon May 04, 2015 11:07 am

"I'm not sure yet. I guess we'll be staying a few days and then I will decide where to go.", he smiled at his sister. It was kind of relaxing to stay for a while at the same place, but he couldn't stand to stay for too long or otherwise the soldiers would start to disobey. He sighed silently. "You want to come with us again?", he asked carefully. It was good to have a healer around but on the other side he felt better when his sister was safe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jasmine

PostSubject: Re: Thinking (Tag: Anyone)   Mon May 04, 2015 12:50 pm

Jasmine nodded.  "Of course.  Who else is going to take care of you guys after you get all cut up and bloody?" she replied with a smile.  Of course, the best Dothraki warriors were ones who could jump into a battle and leave it with only minor injuries.  And usually, those were the ones with the longest braids.  Jasmine wondered if this could provide Kale with more opportunities.  Right now, the only thing the guy was skilled at was fighting.  Jasmine felt like he could gain a little more respect if he kept winning battles and showing that nobody could take him down.  Even if he didn't have a braid, if the other Dothraki saw his fierceness on the battlefield, he might gain a little more respect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking (Tag: Anyone)   

Back to top Go down

Thinking (Tag: Anyone)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1