HomeHome    CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Meeting the family {TAG Phoebus and Daemon}

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Greta Lannister

PostSubject: Meeting the family {TAG Phoebus and Daemon}   Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:01 pm

Greta stepped into the great hall, walking by her husband's side. Apparently this was the day she was finally going to meet her new cousin in law. Well, she had seen him briefly at the wedding, but apparently he had been really busy and therefore she couldn't even exchange with him a few words until that moment. She had to admit, she was a bit nervous, but she surely didn't want to show, especially not to Daemon. She did like him, but her relationship with him was a constant fight, a constant show of who was stronger... and he always managed to win. She didn't want to show him a weaker side...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://reignoffireandice.forumotion.com/t248-greta-reed
Daemon Lannister

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the family {TAG Phoebus and Daemon}   Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:08 pm

Waiting for his cousin to arrive Daemon took the change to look at Greta from his angle more carefully. By the gods even now she looked so beautiful though still he could easily sense her nervousness. Smirking down at her he gave her some pets on her shoulder near his arm just to put the very same on her other shoulder leaving his hand gently laying there as Phoebus eventually appeared. "Ah and I just feared you´d leave us along for today."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://reignoffireandice.forumotion.com/t150-daemon-lannister
Phoebus Lannister

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the family {TAG Phoebus and Daemon}   Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:51 am

A sigh escaping his lips, the lord of Casterly Rock repressed the desire to just return in his study and pretend some illness in hope to have some rest. The previous days have been awful, keeping him away from his family when days have been full of joy and blessing and leaving him barely able to stand up... A few minutes, just enough to smile at his family before duty called up on him again. Just a nod to his cousin and his wife when he would have loved to do more but alas, the gods weren't with him this day...

Those were the thoughts of the man when he walked on his said cousin, whose voice made him come out of his pensive estate of mind. An easy smile yet tired appeared on his lips as he walked towards them. “Always so sharp with your words, dear cousin. I fear that I started to miss them...” Turning towards his cousin's wife, he bowed respectfully. “I regret that the recent events kept me from welcoming you properly in our family. I hope that you will accept my dearest apologies for not having presented my blessings sooner...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://reignoffireandice.forumotion.com/t71-phoebus-lannister
Greta Lannister

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the family {TAG Phoebus and Daemon}   Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:22 pm

Daemon's touch was gentle on her shoulder, but firm enough to keep her close to him. It had both the power to relax her and give her chills: what was about that man that had such an effect on her? She was soon distracted by the sight of Daemon's cousin, the Lord of house Lannister, Phoebus. She finally took a good look at the man: knowing her father had tried to set her up with him first, she was at least curious to see how he looked like. She had briefly met him before that moment, but she didn't have time to focus on him. She had to admit he was charming enough, but somehow now the only idea of a different man by her side made her feel uncomfortable. "Oh, no need to apologize, my Lord. I know you've had a rough time lately, and honestly your tired face speaks for you. I do hope we are not keeping you from some well deserved rest..." She talked sternly and gently, and her concern was genuine even if masked in polite courtesy.
Back to top Go down
Daemon Lannister

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the family {TAG Phoebus and Daemon}   Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:51 pm

Daemon answered his cousin with a low chuckle. "Oh don´t worry I plan to stay long enough to proove you otherwise, dear cousin." Keeping quite while Greta and Phoebus talked he actually enjoyed the scene though sadly to his bad side of character he couldn´t stop to comment on her talk about Phoebus expression. "No, we definitely don´t that´s for sure dear. He probably just had spend too much time with the women in his life."
Back to top Go down
Phoebus Lannister

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the family {TAG Phoebus and Daemon}   Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:00 pm

He let out a soft chuckle at his cousin's wife comment before looking at the pair with a fond look. “There's is no need to worry about me, my Lady, but I appreciate your concern.” Phoebus looks at his cousin, a knowing look in his eyes. “But I fear that my dear cousin will cause you more worries for he is more inapt to keep himself out of troubles when coming to official documents...

A warm smile appeared on his lips at the mention of his beloved daughters and turned towards his cousin. “Ah, you know me so well Daemon.”He said. “I was indeed keeping company to Olena a few moments ago. You know how weak I am towards her.” He turned once more toward Greta, his face more relaxed. “I am certain that my daughters will welcome you in our family once they had the chance to talk with you.

He stopped, remembering the gossips of the servants that he had overheard when pacing in the patio earlier. Something about his nephew and his cousin's wife. Well, let's hope that he didn't showed too much disrespect already. “My nephew might try to send you away but beneath the surface, he is a good soul when you have the chance to know him... I am pretty sure that he will warm up to you.
Back to top Go down
Greta Lannister

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the family {TAG Phoebus and Daemon}   Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:09 pm

Greta rose an eyebrow toward her husband: women? Phoebus wasn't the one to be known as a womanizer... she realized her mistake only when Phoebus himself explained who the women were... "Oh no need to worry, I think I can handle him..." she replied with a cocky smile "And no need to call me by honorifics anymore, we are family now. You can just use my name." she invited him, suddenly realizing that Daemon and her still hadn't used each other names.
His mention about his daughters made her abandon her thoughts "Oh, I'm certain they will, I'm not such a terrible company after all." She replied with a light shrug.
"Well, if that was an attempt to send me away it was a pretty weak one" she replied to him once again, raising an eyebrow: did Cale not want her there? Really? He seemed more amused by her presence that annoyed by her... "Really my lord, you have no reason to worry, I'm sure I'll be fine."
Back to top Go down
Daemon Lannister

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the family {TAG Phoebus and Daemon}   Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:47 pm

Daemon rolled his eyes when Phoebus brought up his son since it seemed that he has been the only one who didn´t catch the talk between Cale and Greta. What did he do now? As much as he loved his son he knew very well that he could be quite ... difficult sometimes and cause some trouble ... just like his father and grandfather. Just thinking about their similarity though made him smirk again before he turned his attention back to the conversation. "Oh you know that in fact you are a quite comfortable company Greta." He said to his wife giving her a wink before turning back to Phoebus. "Looks that Cale just has been able to keep a delicate conversation hidden from me what did I miss now?"
Back to top Go down
Phoebus Lannister

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the family {TAG Phoebus and Daemon}   Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:27 pm

Unknown to him, his face relaxed instantly at Greta's words. Well, at least it seemed that his dear nephew hadn't make a disrespectful comments to the new member of their family. “It would seem that our dear Cale as accepted you then.” He smiled instantly, as if kowing something deeply amusing. “You may have made a good impression on him.” Good, he thought. It was good to know that there will be no conflict. For the time being.

He pushed wisely the thought aside and turned his attention to the couple, repressing an amused smirk at his cousin's antics before looking at Greta. “If I am to call you by your name Greta then I insist that you call me by mine... As for my nephew, I am sure indeed that you'll be fine.” Looking at Daemon, Phoebus let an indulgent smile appear on his lips. “You shouldn't worry too much, dear cousin. I am certain that Cale's behaviour have been... exemplar.

For it must have been since never Greta had showed displeasure when speaking of the youngest Lannister male. Well, he hoped that it was the case.
Back to top Go down
Greta Lannister

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the family {TAG Phoebus and Daemon}   Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:39 pm

Greta felt her cheeks take fire as Daemon winked to her: his comment could be far less innocent than it looked like... Trying to regain her dignity, she smiled once again toward Phoebus: she wasn't sure, now, he was right about the good impression... maybe just not a bad one was enough though. Maybe he just had recognized her not as a threat... Lannisers really were like cats! She had to fight not to burst into laughter at her own thoughts, but luckily she managed to stay impassive. "If you insist, well, I will do as you ask... Phoebus." she was glad that they were cutting off the honorifics... but she caught herself staring for one moment at Daemon: would he say anything about that? Would he allow her to use his name... in moments that were not connected to the urgency of sex? As her mind started wandering toward less safe memories, she turned away: no, not a good time to remember
Back to top Go down
Olena Lannister

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the family {TAG Phoebus and Daemon}   Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:59 pm

Olena had spent part of the afternoon with her dad, but then he had had to leave her because of some appointment he had. She didn't want him to leave... well, she never wanted him to leave her! She had tried to behave for a while, she had remained with Master Dalben for a short while but then she started to get more and more bored. And she knew her dad was still in the castle cause he didn't ask for a horse nor for a carriage. As usual, she took advantage of a moment of distraction of the poor master and ran away: i didn't take her too long to realize where her dad was and when she spotted him she was happy to see he was just with her uncle: she was going to enter the room when she noticed a third person, the red-haired girl that had married her uncle. She quickly hid again behind the door, spying on them. She didn't like the woman. She was a stranger, she wasn't welcome there, and she didn't want her to take her uncle away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://reignoffireandice.forumotion.com/t123-olena-lannister
Daemon Lannister

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the family {TAG Phoebus and Daemon}   Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:19 pm

He chuckled. "Well now that the introducing round is done I fear there is something else that is in need of our attention." Daemon remarked as he just had caught sight of his niece, the little Olena who was just about to spy on the three of them. Leaving Gretas side for short he walked right to Olena and opened the door fully. "Awh Olena you´re clearly growing up too fast. Aren´t you a little too young on spying on your family already young lady?"
Back to top Go down
Phoebus Lannister

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the family {TAG Phoebus and Daemon}   Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:50 pm

The lord of Casterly Rock didn't made any comments nor did his face show any signs that he had sensed the change of mood in his cousin's wife. It was subtle, not really there but he could see it. He didn't know what caused this change but didn't show that he noticed it. It wasn't his domain, but Daemon's. He just hoped that his cousin will take notice of it.

Speaking of Daemon, the other man opened the door and Phoebus was slightly surprised to see his youngest one there, apparently listening to their conversation. He had just left her an hour ago in the care of Master Dalben, knowing that the old man would find a way to keep his daughter's attention on her studies. It seemed that his daughter knew more than one way to escape her preceptor.

He just smiled and made a little sign of the hand, inviting her to approach. “I thought that your lesson would take longer, little one...” He chuckled fondly at the look of guilt in his daughter eyes before his face softened. “Do not worry Olena, I'll not say anything to Master Dalben.
Back to top Go down
Greta Lannister

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the family {TAG Phoebus and Daemon}   Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:56 pm

Greta observed with surprise her husband leaving her side, but her surprised turned into horror when she spotted the child: she quickly hid her real feelings, masking them under a smile. It wasn't that she didn't like Olena... well, yeah, she didn't like her... but it was nothing personal! She... just wasn't good with kids: always unpredictable, so 'honest'... too honest! And so oblivious of manners... No, children and her were not a good match. Nonetheless... well, she had to learn to live with the kid, after all they were going to share the castle, but there was enough room for the both of them... and maybe the child was willing to ignore her if she agreed to do the same...
Back to top Go down
Olena Lannister

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the family {TAG Phoebus and Daemon}   Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Olena observed uncle Daemon get away from the group, but from her point of view she couldn't see where he was going: when she saw him again, he was already opening the door. As he opened the door, she panicked: she knew she was at fault. When her dad asked her to approach, she didn't exactly know his intention and she walked carefully toward him, proceeding slowly. Yes, her lesson was surely supposed to last longer... and the master was surely looking for her... luckily though his dad's expression softened, and immediately the little Lannister smiled to him running toward him to hug him "I was tired, daddy!" she justified herself "What are you doing?" she asked to her dad, still hugging his leg, turning her glance toward Greta, curious and weary
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://reignoffireandice.forumotion.com/t123-olena-lannister
Daemon Lannister

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the family {TAG Phoebus and Daemon}   Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:33 pm

Daemon smirked at the scene though he kinda felt sorry for the old maester having to bear his student sneaking away like .... pretty much every lesson? Then however he remembered how hard to handle he himself was as a child oh and all that times Cale drove the maester crazy. He really had and still has to go through a lot but still he had a very treasurable reward. He could spend hours with the newest and most valurable generation of Lannisters. Not to mention all the times the cups acted actually acted like true angels.
Being left alone to stand near the now empty door he let out a little sigh and walked back to his wife putting gently his arm around her waist.
Back to top Go down
Phoebus Lannister

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the family {TAG Phoebus and Daemon}   Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:20 pm

For a few seconds, a thought for Maester Dalben traversed his mind: had it be really a wise idea to put Olena under the old man wing? Not that he doubted his capacities as preceptor of his youngest child but... If his youngest daughter could so easily escape Dalben watchful eyes... He repressed an amused chuckle. It wasn't very “lordly” of him but the simple idea of the old man running after his youngest was very amusing.

He patted her head affectionately, his fingers playing absently with ther golden locks. “I have no doubt that such hard lessons have to be tiring for you, dear daughter.” A tired smile appeared on his lips. “To answer your question, I was enjoying a few moment of peace to give my respect to your Uncle and his lovely wife...” He turned his gaze towards the couple, smile still in place even as if its mirth has disappeared. “I dare hope that you are finely settled and that your new chambers are to your liking? I must admit that I did not have time to supervise everything myself and had to let my oldest daughters take care of the matters."
Back to top Go down
Greta Lannister

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the family {TAG Phoebus and Daemon}   Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:25 pm

Greta followed Olena's movements and how her father reacted. Spoiled brat... it was so terribly evident that she needed some discipline! She was so terribly much like... like herself at he age... except she would run away from her father instead that toward him. As Daemon walked again close to her and put a hand on her waist, she gently put a hand on his hand.
"The chambers are really fine, thank you very much. Your daughter surely did an excellent job."

-------

Olena stared at Greta with a serious glance, studying her. She was too young, she looked younger than Rose, maybe even than Maddie, and she was beauiful... but in a way she didn't like. And she didn't like her red hair. "Why did uncle Daemon want a wife?" She turned again toward her dad.
Back to top Go down
Phoebus Lannister

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the family {TAG Phoebus and Daemon}   Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:02 pm

I am glad to hear it Greta. I hope that you will enjoy your stay at Casterly Rock.” He smiled warmly at her, hoping that the young lady will feel accepted in their family. He turned towards his cousin, a little frown on his face as he looked at him, yet with a sparkle of mischief as he gazed at him. “If I was you, Daemon, I would take a look at my wine cellar...It seems that your best bottles had disappeared...” He then smiled innocently, looking as the incarnation of the purest man on earth. “Now, if you will excuse me...

He nodded politely at them, secretly enjoying the look of pure shock playing on his cousin's face before picking up his daughter in his arms and walked away, a wide smile playing on his lips. He looked at Olena, kissing her forehead before answering her. “He was alone, little Lion. Alone and sad. That's why he needed a wife. She makes him happy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the family {TAG Phoebus and Daemon}   

Back to top Go down

Meeting the family {TAG Phoebus and Daemon}
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1