Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Out in the snow [Tag Anyone] Icon_portal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Out in the snow [Tag Anyone]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Naerys DeathBird

Naerys DeathBird

Out in the snow [Tag Anyone] Empty
PostSubject: Out in the snow [Tag Anyone]   Out in the snow [Tag Anyone] EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 6:44 pm

It was freezing cold, like everyday beyond the wall, so Naerys had to waer a lot of clothes while she was out to search for wood she could make arrows out of. At least the snow isn´t that heavy today. Luckily today was just the perfect wheater allowing Naerys to go out in the woods alone, only with Mihna by her side. The snow wasn´t too heavy that she herself wasn´t to see anything and at the same time is was strong enough to cover her footprints fast enough that most of her path got erased. When she already got a lot of branches she arrived at a small creek. She got out her bottle and filled it with the fresh water while Mihna landed right next to her on a stone.
Back to top Go down
https://reignoffireandice.forumotion.com/t159-naerys-deathbird
John Slynt

John Slynt

PostSubject: Re: Out in the snow [Tag Anyone]   Out in the snow [Tag Anyone] EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 5:05 pm

John Slynt had brought a few men out to range for wildlings who ventured too far and to search the lands to keep updated. It was always a good idea to know what lied beyond the wall, specially in case of a wildling attack.
At a creek he had decided to split up with his men. They were all good men, capable of taking care of themselves, and there hadn't been much trouble lately. This way they would be able to scout the lands faster and get back to Castle Black quicker. John was already daydreaming of the warm porridge that would welcome him home. The perfect treat after a day out in the cold. Of course, John went out by choice. He had plenty of men he could send in his place, but as was John's nature to go on adventures. Always hopeful for new experiences.
His men had left in seperate directions, while John had chosen to follow the creek north. His horse could be heard approaching from a distance, but John was silent. Forever keeping a watchful eye out for wildlings or other beasts. Most chose to run at the sound of his horse though.
Back to top Go down
https://reignoffireandice.forumotion.com/t108-john-slynt
Naerys DeathBird

Naerys DeathBird

PostSubject: Re: Out in the snow [Tag Anyone]   Out in the snow [Tag Anyone] EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 5:28 pm

Naerys sat down next to Mihna to have a short break and stroked her. She really loved that hawk. Mihna had never let her down in her entire life. Whenever Naerys was in danger or could need help Mihna was there and watched over her, not to mention that both were ready to kill for each other. For her, Mahal and especially Mihna were like their extended family.

Naerys was about to put the bottle away and bind the branches she already got together when Mihna seemed to get nervous and then actually cried out. Someone is coming and it´s not Norjen. She didn´t have to wait long until she heard what her hawk noticed before her. A horse was getting closer and closer as it´s walking sounds got louder and louder and in this part of the world horses pretty much never were without a human on or next to them. Naerys tried to think. Could she get away fast enough to not be catched? Probably not and also her footsteps might show where she went anyways, depending how quickly the horse and it´s rider would arrive at this place. Should she hide? Naerys was quite sure that wouldn´t help at all. So, in the end she decided to stay and get ready to defend herself. Maybe, if she was lucky it was just someone from the free folk that was able to get a horse and had no interest in harming Naerys.
Back to top Go down
John Slynt

John Slynt

PostSubject: Re: Out in the snow [Tag Anyone]   Out in the snow [Tag Anyone] EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 5:46 pm

It didn't take long before John emerged from between the trees, dressed in black, sitting highly on his horse. It didn't take long for him to notice the girl either. She wasn't exactly making it hard for him. And he instantly recognized her as a wildling, one of the enemy.
At first he was uncertain of what to do. A wildling seldom appeared on its own, and John was sure there were more close by. Narrowing his eyes he searched the fields for any sign of men, but found none. John could sense a trap, but if his hunch was correct he had walked straight into it, and it was already too late now not to be noticed. The girl was staring straight at him.
Nudging his horse forward he slowly approached the wildling with suspicious eyes, his hand tightening on the hilt of his sword, ready to fight and kill. Though he never wished to harm females, this one was a wildling, and he had learnt long ago to view them as inhuman monsters. This one would be no exception.
Back to top Go down
Naerys DeathBird

Naerys DeathBird

PostSubject: Re: Out in the snow [Tag Anyone]   Out in the snow [Tag Anyone] EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 5:59 pm

Just when Naerys pushed the branches away so she wouldn´t fall over them and prepared her bow as well as the arrows the horse arrived with its rider on the back. A crow. She tightened the string of her bow, already with an arrow to shoot if needed. "I think you came far enough crow. I have no intension to kill you but that doesn´t mean I´m unable to do so." She looked the stranger straight in his eyes. Not the tinyest sight of fear in her eyes, same was for the crow. For sure he, as well as her was indeed able to fight. She just hoped his companions wouldn´t be too close nearby. One or two crows she could handle more or less pretty easily. But more than two could get troublesome though with Mihnas help she probably could get some time to run to Norjen.
Back to top Go down
John Slynt

John Slynt

PostSubject: Re: Out in the snow [Tag Anyone]   Out in the snow [Tag Anyone] EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 6:04 pm

John was nowhere near frightened. He had a long history of realizing wildlings were braver than they were smart, or indeed capable of fighting. Though they were good with a bow, they were quite predictable and Slynt had not been elected commander of the Night's Watch for nothing. If she was indeed the only one out here, she would not stand a chance against him. That was what he honestly believed. Still, he made his horse stop. He was still not convinced this was not a trap.
"I'm sure you think you'd be able to. Where are the others, little bird?" He sounded as cocky and arrogant as he always felt. It had been a long time since anything or anyone had stood in his way or humbled him, and it showed on his entire person.
Back to top Go down
Naerys DeathBird

Naerys DeathBird

PostSubject: Re: Out in the snow [Tag Anyone]   Out in the snow [Tag Anyone] EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 6:14 pm

It wasn´t the first crow Naerys got to meet, but for sure he was the most cocky and arrogant one. "I am, believe me and they are close enough to be called. What about your companions?" Mihna was still on the stone but Naerys knew how fast she could fly to the crow and detroy his face. This was only one of the reasons why she loved her hawk that much but it was a big reason for her to be able to be brave and selfconfident most of the time.
Back to top Go down
John Slynt

John Slynt

PostSubject: Re: Out in the snow [Tag Anyone]   Out in the snow [Tag Anyone] EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 6:33 pm

Slynt shrugged. He wasn't stupid enough to let on about the whereabouts of his men. He supposed this was the trap she was trying to set for him, but he would not fall for it. He was clever enough not to let his pride be his downfall. Still, it was fun to be prideful, after all.
He dismounted from his horse, taking a couple of steps in her general direction. Off his horse he was a smaller target, though he was getting quite close to her, and he would more easily be able to fight her with a sword. Though his hand was ready, lingering over his swordhilt, he looked as relaxed as he was eating porridge by the fire.
Fearless, but not stupid. He knew he had to be careful. He knew he should thread lightly, but would he really be better off cooperating with her wishes? It would only put him in a position she wanted him in, which was passing the ball to her courtyard. Also, it was never any fun to give in to the enemy (or anyone for that matter).
"Now, if you're a good little girl and lower your bow, I might overlook that rude introduction of yours and you might come out of this alive after all." He took notice of the hawk, most likely a posession of the wildling. They had a nasty habit of making friends with filthy animals. It didn't matter much, animals were as predictable as wildlings, and the bird would be dead with a single swing of his sword.
Back to top Go down
Naerys DeathBird

Naerys DeathBird

PostSubject: Re: Out in the snow [Tag Anyone]   Out in the snow [Tag Anyone] EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 6:43 pm

When the crow came closer, Naerys gave him a clear message when she shot an arrow in front of his horse. Good little girl? For sure Naerys was nothing like that. She was a free woman and was more than proud of her title. To be called as if she´d be a little weakling crying about everything and follow the instructions of the crow blindly just made her hate crows, no, that crow even more. "You must have quite the death wish if you talk to me like that crow. But don´t worry, I will lower the bow as soon as you are lying dead on the ground in case you are stupid enough to come even closer."
Back to top Go down
John Slynt

John Slynt

PostSubject: Re: Out in the snow [Tag Anyone]   Out in the snow [Tag Anyone] EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 6:48 pm

John Slynt grinned at the woman's warning, but heeded her words. Though he was sure he would get out of this alive and well, he had no wish to walk all the way back to Castle Black. It seemed quite the unnecessary inconvenience.
"What are you planning to do, really? Even if you were to kill me," his tone and grin showed he had no faith she would ever be able, "crows would come looking for me, and eventually you. You and your friends would have to flee. Fast. Forget about your little watering hole, or your cosy little settlements."
He knew wildlings were no strangers to moving about, but they were quite slow in doing so. Her group would not stand a chance against the wrath of his faithful men.
Back to top Go down
Naerys DeathBird

Naerys DeathBird

PostSubject: Re: Out in the snow [Tag Anyone]   Out in the snow [Tag Anyone] EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 6:56 pm

"Oh don´t worry we are fast and have a good warg. So we will be warned early enough and you better don´t forget that we are permanentely living beyond your stupid wall so we know this place much better than you, making it not too hard to get away from your minions in time." At such times when it was about traveling and moving Naerys was quite happy she and Norjen were on their own. That way, it was quite easy for them to be fast and don´t leave too much tracks and signs about there current place.
Back to top Go down
John Slynt

John Slynt

PostSubject: Re: Out in the snow [Tag Anyone]   Out in the snow [Tag Anyone] EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 7:05 pm

There was no doubt the wildling believed her words, but John did not buy it. His grin was not going anywhere, still everpresent on his lips. He had successfully finished far too many dangerous missions to be beat by a girl. It was impossible as far as he was concerned. John had always thought of himself as invinsible. Unbeknownst to himself, that might end up to be his doom.
"Have it your way," he said in an arrogant manner, as everything else, and let the one hand not on his sword hilt swing out into the air as in a suggestive gesture. "Shoot me." As if she would ever dare. The girl didn't have what it takes.
Back to top Go down
Naerys DeathBird

Naerys DeathBird

PostSubject: Re: Out in the snow [Tag Anyone]   Out in the snow [Tag Anyone] EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 7:16 pm

Slowly Naerys face began to darken. This arrogent piece of shit. She felt how her anger about that crow rised but she wasn´t sure of what to do now. Should she shoot him? Should she stay like she was? At least she defenitely wouldn´t run away. Even if she´d die she would do so as a pride free woman with not fearing that arrogant man. For short she grinned at him. "Do you want me to hurt you that badly?"
Back to top Go down
John Slynt

John Slynt

PostSubject: Re: Out in the snow [Tag Anyone]   Out in the snow [Tag Anyone] EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 7:11 pm

As expected of her, she did not release her arrow. Even if she seemed a dumb wildling, he was sure not even she was that dumb. Killing him would only be signing her own death wish. Not just for her either, but for her entire tribe, or at least many of them. The men of the Night's Watch would not go easy on them if they were to find their commander dead.
"Do as you wish, this will not end good for you either way. Either you kill me, and release the wrath of my men upon you, or you surrender to my mercy. I have to warn you, I don't take kindly to those foolish enough to threaten my life." For once his smile faded into a serious frown of resentment towards the girl, and his hand tightened around the hilt of his sword.
Back to top Go down
Naerys DeathBird

Naerys DeathBird

PostSubject: Re: Out in the snow [Tag Anyone]   Out in the snow [Tag Anyone] EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 7:26 pm

"Surrender to your mercy?" Nearys repeated in anger. Oh you better start praying to your gods crow. She started to quickly move up to him until she arrived at his side glaring upwards. "And now I´m going to warn you crow." Naerys said with her finger pointing to the stranger. "If you don´t stop talking this arrogant bullshit to me I´m gonna tear you apart and flay you like an animal." Just then when it already was too late her, she noticed how really stupid she has been. Already seeing her life pass by in a short sequence and the terrible ways she would get killed off at any moment her face went pale. Almost like she turned into a white walker with black hair and brown eyes.
Back to top Go down
John Slynt

John Slynt

PostSubject: Re: Out in the snow [Tag Anyone]   Out in the snow [Tag Anyone] EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 7:32 pm

It took John less than a second to grab her arm, twist it around her back, turn her around and hold her still, pressed against his body in a locked position. She might have been able to retaliate, but there was no way she would be able to shoot her arrow from this position or this vicinity. Her pety bird wasn't much trouble now either. He could easily slit her throat before the bird even made it halfway over. Perhaps he underestimated its speed, but he would still be the faster one.
Leaning forward, against her, he lowered his head and let it rest against her shoulder. He knew she would hate it, which made it so much more pleasurable. "What was that, little bird?" he whispered teasingly in her ear, his arrogant grin instantly back on his lips.
Back to top Go down
Naerys DeathBird

Naerys DeathBird

PostSubject: Re: Out in the snow [Tag Anyone]   Out in the snow [Tag Anyone] EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 7:43 pm

Near the place where Naerys has stood just a few minutes ago Minah was nerviously flattering around making warning sounds towards the man. Naerys on the other side tried her best to at least shake the crow´s head off her shoulder. As if she would ever allow a crow to tough her! Though obviously her current position proved almost otherwise.
When she heard Mihnas screams becoming more desperate she slitly shoock her head facing her beloved hawk. It wouldn´t do either of them any good if she would fly over trying to rescue Naerys so at least Mihna should stay safe and sound. Naerys on the other hand was doomed anyways for what she cursed herself. If there was ever going to be a next time seeing a crow, walk away or at least hide dammit!, she told herself.
"You wouldn´t believe me if I told you I´m just a victim of some supernatural being would you?"
Back to top Go down
John Slynt

John Slynt

PostSubject: Re: Out in the snow [Tag Anyone]   Out in the snow [Tag Anyone] EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 7:53 pm

John had already realized the girl was a dumbwit, but her deranged mind came as a shock to him. Or perhaps she was simply dumber than he thought she were, and that was saying something. In her mind, perhaps a ludacris story would help her in any way, but she would be wrong. All he did was laugh.
He lifted his head off her shoulder for a moment, seemingly agreeing with her wishes. Not long after however, he let his head drop again to kiss her neck gently, knowing it would drive her mad one way or another. Most likely another.
"We all have our demons, hunny." He unsheeted his sword and let the cold, sharp blade run along her back as a warning, before leading it around her body and fixing it against her chest. She really were dumber than he had given her credit for, coming over here like that. Perhaps she secretly had a deathwish, or just wished to be close to him. He thought the last thing with an ever-expanding grin.
Back to top Go down
Naerys DeathBird

Naerys DeathBird

PostSubject: Re: Out in the snow [Tag Anyone]   Out in the snow [Tag Anyone] EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 8:05 pm

Naerys rolled her eyes as the crow even started to laugh. Oh wonderful now I ended up as amusement for an arrogant crow. Hooray. As he then finally at least moved his head away she let out a quiet sigh in relief just to be following by her trying to slap him for the kiss. "You! - " Obviously she desired to say more, not to mention being able to do more but unfortunately before either of it happened the crow just proved who was in control again. Naerys tried to move away but of course it was impossible for her right now. "Definitely. Mine is an arrogant crow. What is yours?" She said trying to easen the situation or maybe give her a few seconds to at least get her bow back to be used.
Back to top Go down
John Slynt

John Slynt

PostSubject: Re: Out in the snow [Tag Anyone]   Out in the snow [Tag Anyone] EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 8:12 pm

He chuckled to himself. She really did make it quite easy to tease her, and he had never been one for opposing temptation. "Lust," he answered her, whispering in her ear. He would never rape her, that simply wasn't his style, and he was sure he could win her over fairly if he were to try. There simply was no point.
He felt what she wanted the most in that instant. He didn't have to sense it either, it was quite obvious, it was what anyone would desire in a moment such as this: Her bow. He wouldn't let her have it. Not now, not ever. Ludacris, unstable people were best left without weapons.
Holding her tighter than ever to secure her, he sheethed his blade for a moment only to remove her bow and arrows from her body and tossing her weapons towards his horse. Now she truly was defenseless. Oh, the fun he could have now.
Back to top Go down
Naerys DeathBird

Naerys DeathBird

PostSubject: Re: Out in the snow [Tag Anyone]   Out in the snow [Tag Anyone] EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 8:41 pm

Naerys was already breathing heavily trying to cool herself down so she wouldn´t do something dumb again. As the crow revealed his demon she could feel her hands turning to fists. Oh how she wished to hit him. Or even better, kill him slowly and feed what´s left of him to her hawk.
Then, as his hold got tighter Naerys couldn´t help it but let out a gasp. No matter how hard she tried to ignore it Naerys still had a fear of death and pain inside her. Especially with this lusty crow behind her.
Still hardly moving she slightly turned her head so she could see him taking her bow and arrows away. For the first time ever in her life Naerys just reached the moment to wishing for a husband to protect her or at least some more companions.
Just then she remembered her well hidden dagger. But how could she get it out without being taken by the crow as well? And what was he up to anyways? "So, you got my bow and my arrows leaving me unarmed obviously. Now, what are you up to?" Naerys said as she leaned back, her head still turned though to the other side now so she could look in the crow´s eyes.
Back to top Go down
John Slynt

John Slynt

PostSubject: Re: Out in the snow [Tag Anyone]   Out in the snow [Tag Anyone] EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 9:57 am

Her wording made him suspicious, but Slynt chalked it up to her deranged foolishness. He could feel her shaking, but whether it was from anger or fear he couldn't know. Probably a mixture of both.
"Luckily for you," he said, once again taking hold of his sword, pressing the tip against her back so she would be reminded of the danger she was in, "I don't kill children." It was truly all he saw her as. She was small, stubborn, foolish and annoying, no more than a spoiled brat. He had no desire for her body either. Her personality made that difficult. It had been rather amusing to tease her so, though.
Quickly, he released her and stepped back, creating 2-3 meters of distance between them, him still pointing his sword in her direction. He knew she was unarmed, but the girl seemed crazy enough to try to jump him anyway. He wouldn't have that, so precautions were sensible.
Back to top Go down
Naerys DeathBird

Naerys DeathBird

PostSubject: Re: Out in the snow [Tag Anyone]   Out in the snow [Tag Anyone] EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 2:29 pm

Naerys head turned red from her anger as her hand was clenching above her hidden dagger. A child? Her? Sure she might neither be the smartest not the most charming still Naerys for sure was no little kid anymore.
More than anything she wished to at least punch him off his horse but Naerys accepted she should rather leave it be and be happy the crow only got her bow and arrows. She could make new ones though of course it would take time still at least she got her dagger and both her and Mihna were alive for now.
As he released her she couldn´t move for a moment but eventually turned to glare at the crow. "How flattering." She said before she turned again and walked away waving at him without looking back once more. Mihna though on the other hand focused on him the whole time after she landed on Naerys shoulder.
Back to top Go down
John Slynt

John Slynt

PostSubject: Re: Out in the snow [Tag Anyone]   Out in the snow [Tag Anyone] EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 4:31 pm

John's cocky grin was back for full now. He had no more mercy for children than he did adults, and he doubted anyone in this mercyless world would feel differently. She was too blind and foolish to see that though, too inexperienced to know she would only make it too easy for him to follow her. Sure, he couldn't follow her far if it kept snowing this way, but she would definitively lead him in the general direction of her camp. From there on it couldn't be hard to find a camp of more or less a hundred wildlings. That seemed to have become the norm for wildling camps.
Back by his horse he bent down and picked up the bows and arrow to sling them around his back. They were light, as he had expected them to be, since the owner was both wildling and female. It was a quality he quite liked in the wildling weapons, though he wouldn't say that out loud. He was fully capable of handling stronger, heavier materials. Before mounting his horse again he took a last look at the wildling to make sure no attacks from her were coming.
Back to top Go down
Naerys DeathBird

Naerys DeathBird

PostSubject: Re: Out in the snow [Tag Anyone]   Out in the snow [Tag Anyone] EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 9:22 pm

Mihna let out a scream as warning. Naerys though didn´t give it much attention. She just wanted to get away from that stupid arrogant asshole crow.
With relief she could her him not coming closer and following her, instead it rather seemed that he was about to leave soon. How happy she would be if she never had to see him again she thought.
Luckily for her it was still snowing so her footsteps also started to dissappear. Not that Naerys would have allowed to let the crow follow her back to her hideout anyways. The only thing she was now worrying about was the water bottle she left behind but she was sure she´d find it again and if not it would be just another thing to add on her to re-do list. Damn Crow!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out in the snow [Tag Anyone]   Out in the snow [Tag Anyone] Empty

Back to top Go down

Out in the snow [Tag Anyone]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next