HomeHome    CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Welcome to the Dreadfort

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cato Bolton

PostSubject: Welcome to the Dreadfort   Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:30 pm

The Dreadfort was especially smoky today with the fog that hailed the lands for the past couple of days. Today was to be a special day, and Cato felt pride knowing that the nonpareil architecture of the beloved Dreadfort was only accented by this exquisite weather. The servants were abuzz in preparing breakfast, for this morning the Great Hall would host a meeting between the Arryns and the Boltons. However, this meeting was no ordinary meeting--it was about marriage.

He had been written to by Lord Arryn in regards to marriage to one of his daughters to which, after multiple attempts, Cato had finally agreed to so long as they shared a day together first. As a result, the final matters would be decided today when they would meet for the first time. He hadn't even told Odette of the occasion, except that special guests were arriving and they were to not scare these particular ones off... but only if things went well, of course.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://reignoffireandice.forumotion.com/t28-lord-cato-bolton
Cassandra Arryn

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Dreadfort   Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:59 pm

"It will be just a waste of time as always father." Cassandra said rolling her eyes. She had a growing feeling for a few months already that her father had found someone, again, suitable to marry her in his eyes but she never would have thought that he would dare to offer her to some as old, creepy, ugly and disgusting like Lord Bolton. For Cassandra the weather was just perfect, as if it wanted to hide the lands of her possible new home to not make her blind by their terrible look.

When they finally arrived at the dreadfort her father and her personal maid tried their best to at least get her to a neutral facial expression but there was only one look she could give. As they walked in, she took a careful look around. In her opinion it just looked like in her imagination, dirty and dark unlike like her real home. Suddenly they stopped in front of a big door. Her father told Cassandra to wait her until the door gets opened again and that it is her duty to do her best to appear as the most perfect bride the world had ever seen. Of course Cassandra did not as he told her. She walked from one side to the other complaining about the marriage, the journey, the Dreadfort and last but not least her possible husband to be. "What sort of man could live at a place like this?" She said in a very disgusted voice full of arrogance. "I´m sure he looks like a monster and his behavior for sure will be only worse. What was my father thinking? I will never ever agree to this ma ---" Gasping at the door opened she raised her head up high, still with the same disgusted facial expression, and quickly walked in only looking at her father. When she heard a voice she didn´t knew she turned and finally saw the man her father wanted her to marry. For short her eyes widened and she looked suprised but then she turned back to her arrogant self. "Lord Bolton I assume?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://reignoffireandice.forumotion.com/t133-cassandra-arryn-put
Cato Bolton

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Dreadfort   Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:17 am

"Ahh, the Arryn family." Cato outstretched his arms as he stood from the seat of the Great Hall and marched down to meet them as they walked in. It was a long trip from the Eyrie to this far north. "You would assume correctly. I am Cato Bolton. Welcome to the lovely Dreadfort, family members of House Arryn." His voice echoed throughout the shady halls as he stood before the woman and her family. Was this woman the Cassandra Arryn he was to be wed with? She was young and beautiful and appeared somewhat well-mannered, so there must have been some reason for the Arryns to go out of their way to reach out to the very House Bolton. Before this day, there was no interest whatsoever in the Bolton lord's heart to wed or find love, there were other more important matters. Due to that, there was suspicion, but for now--Cato would simply host the family. Maybe there was more to her than met the eye.

The woman seemed to have a sneering look on her face. "Lady Cassandra, I would assume." He said it more of a declaration than a question as he observed her while placing an arm over his chest. She either didn't want to be there or she was naturally ill-tempered. Perhaps even both, that would be fun.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Arryn

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Dreadfort   Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:39 am

"Lovely huh? I have seen much better." Even without looking at him, she knew her father was shocked by her words and wondered why Cassandra acted like this even though she does have manners. She couldn´t help it but smirked. It always was quite fun to get her father mad though she really loved him. Maybe now he at least will understand that this is just a waiste of time.

She looked back at Cato, this time far more carefully. To her suprise he didn´t look that bad as she imagined. In fact he was rather quite handsome maybe even her type. She moved a step forward, closer to Cato looking at his giant muscles. I definitely wouldn´t reject him if he´d wanna have some fun tonight. But then she remembered all the terrible stories she heard about the Boltons and especially him. Yes, only for a night or maybe two but for sure no wedding.

"Obviously." She turned to her father. "I think we just reached the part where it´s time for you to leave us right father? Don´t worry it won´t take long." Crossing her arms she waited until her father left and then continued. "I´m sure you heard a few things about me, maybe even quite a lot." She smirked. "Apparently everything is true, well besides that I´m sadly not a witch that can turn you into a frog. So if you are looking for an innocent lamb you got the wrong daughter and if you´re looking for a raging bitch, well I´m probably still the wrong choice at all."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://reignoffireandice.forumotion.com/t133-cassandra-arryn-put
Cato Bolton

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Dreadfort   Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:26 am

Cassandra had insulted the Dreadfort. "I'm sure you have seen your fair share of castles in your life." He merely said, raising an eyebrow as he watched her look at him.

Lord Arryn was shooed out of the room, and Cato couldn't help but chuckle a little bit at her power over her father. It was pleasant to see that. He didn't quite care for the customary lady etiquette that these noble women were required to learn, a part of the reason why he had always assisted Odette in the chambers. This woman that stood before him was amusing, but that was nearly it.

She began speaking a lot about witches and bitches of the sorts with a smirk, causing the Bolton lord to furrow his eyebrows a little bit before smirking down at her. "No, don't flatter yourself too much, your father was very vague in his writings." And now it was apparent why. "You come off very strong unlike most other women would like to, but it doesn't appear as though that matters to you. Entertain me, how many men has your father tried to arrange a marriage with before this day?" He replied as he grinned down at the woman who had just introduced herself proudly as a raging bitch.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Arryn

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Dreadfort   Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:40 am

She rolled her eyes and replied to him with a sassy grin. "Let´s say it were enough that he even offers me to you." She didn´t care if she might just have started to get him a tiny bit angry with her. He wouldn´t dare to torture her or even kill her while her father and servant were outside and even if he would do the same to them it wouldn´t take long until people would find out and so the queen and everyone knew what would happen next in that case.
Back to top Go down
Cato Bolton

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Dreadfort   Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:08 pm

Cato tilted his head a little bit to her words. She was sharp-tongued. He looked down at her and blinked. "Do whatever you desire about this marriage. I have no need nor desire for it, so turn around right now and make your father return all the way back to the Eyrie, not even a minute after arriving." He simply said as he turned away from her and began walking over back to his seat before giving a cocky half-smirk back to her. "I do not doubt your ability to."
Back to top Go down
Odette Bolton

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Dreadfort   Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:59 pm

With her face twisted in an aggravated pout, Odette journeyed from her room down the hall. She knew there were guests arriving today, so she had dressed herself in one her nicer gowns, pink with beading down the sleeves. She groaned and swung open the doors to the great hall, walking with her hands behind her back. "Hello, Brother." She stopped, curtsying to him before taking another step. She raised an eyebrow at his guest, before nodding. "Is this the company we've been expecting? How lovely to meet you." She fluttered her lashes and moved to stand next to Cato. She hated being forced to have manners- so she turned to chewing on the inside of her cheek.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://reignoffireandice.forumotion.com/t48-odette-bolton
Cassandra Arryn

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Dreadfort   Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:31 pm

Cassandra smirked at Cato. "I like you Lord Bolton. If you ever feel lonely feel free to stop by the Eyrie." She uncrossed her arms and was about to walk towards the door to meet her father and go home but turned again when another door opened and the blonde Bolton appeared. Dawm she´s smoking hot. Before she replied to Odette she gave her a nod as well as a sassy smile. "The pleasure is all mine and if I may add, you are far more beautiful than rumors want to tell." She got very close to Odette and whispered in her ear. "From woman to woman do you have any beauty secrets you´d be willing to share?"
Back to top Go down
Cato Bolton

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Dreadfort   Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:26 pm

Cato raised an eyebrow at Cassandra's comment. He gave a small smirk to her and then both of them turned their heads to hear the doors opening once more. It was Odette. "Sister, excellent timing." He praised, raising his head a little bit. Although it did seem to make the Arryn stay for a little longer.

He knew that his sister did not enjoy the formalities or manners, nor did he, but he also had a feeling that if they were dropped--their guest would not mind either. She didn't seem like the kind of person that manners were a high priority. Looking to Cassandra once more, he gestured to her. "This is Cassandra Arryn. She and her father have visited our home for talk of marriage." The word slipped off of his tongue with some distaste, as marriage was certainly one of the last things on his mind. He wondered how Odette would react.
Back to top Go down
Odette Bolton

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Dreadfort   Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:58 pm

"Oh you flatter me." Odette chuckled dropping her arms. The woman was gorgeous herself, she had to be honest about that. She remained with a small smirk on her lips until her brother spoke. "Marrige?" She repeated his statement slowly, raising her eyebrows. "You two are-" She pointed to them both and stared with wide blue eyes. There was a desire to be happy for them, as most sisters often would be, but she couldn't seem to find it. The only thing she felt was a wave of disbelief.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Arryn

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Dreadfort   Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:10 pm

Cassandra looked in Catos eyes in suprise but then turned back to Odette and laughed loudly. "Don´t worry about sharing your dear brother honey. I´m not interested to be forced into a marriage and Lord Bolton here has no desire to make me his wife either."
Back to top Go down
Cato Bolton

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Dreadfort   Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:28 pm

Cato as a little surprised at Odette's reaction. He was never surprised at anything, but her reaction had him a little bit curious. It was only slightly entertaining, and somehow it had encouraged him to keep Cassandra around longer. "Yes, the marriage is not official yet, so I didn't tell you." He took a few steps toward Cassandra and put his arm around her. "We're still discussing it, aren't we?" He said as he looked down to the Arryn girl with a charming grin as if to persuade her to stay a little bit longer. She was quite beautiful and was rather amusing to say the least. He glanced back up to Odette for her reaction.
Back to top Go down
Odette Bolton

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Dreadfort   Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:14 pm

"Well." She folded her lips in a small smile, trying her best to be supportive. "Should you follow through with it, I'll be so glad for you, brother." She turned to look at Cassandra, clasping her hands together. "I have to admit it will be nice to have another girl around here." She nodded, her cheeks slightly flushed and her knuckles white.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Arryn

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Dreadfort   Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:29 pm

As Cato got closer to Cassandra and then even put his arm around her she immediately stopped laughing. By the gods what did he just dare to do. She gave him an icy glare in return to his charming grin but when she noticed his sisters reaction he smirked at him. So we are teasing your sister a tiny bit are we? Geting even closer to him she poked his chest. "Oh Lord Bolton you just succeded to fool me. What a shame I was to be tricked that easily." She turned to Odette. "Well nothing is decided yet but either way I hope we can gett along. Unlike most people I get to meet you are really smypatic."
Back to top Go down
Cato Bolton

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Dreadfort   Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:19 pm

Cato smiled to Odette. "I am happy to hear your support, sister." Cato was always observing people, and his sister still seemed to be a little bit tense, especially after Cassandra continued his little charade with him. He wasn't sure exactly why she was acting that way, but he was still curious. Cassandra was playing along, which made him smile a little bit more. Maybe there would be more to her than he had originally thought. He glanced back to her. "Please, Lord Bolton is too formal. Just call me Cato." He winked to her.
Back to top Go down
Odette Bolton

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Dreadfort   Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:07 pm

Truthfully- Odette wanted to gag but feared Cato's disapproval. Did he really just wink at her? The informality of the moment was nauseating. Recently- all she had was her brother...And now with a new woman possibly moving into the Dreadfort she couldn't help but feel threatened. She pulled her hair and twisted it over her shoulder, burying her hands in it. "You two would have the most charming children...twisted ones at that." She spoke still with a polite smile. "Now if you'll excuse me, brother, I really should tend to my horses at the stables. They're fairly hungry." She spoke slowly, trying to form a good enough excuse to get away from the two. She may have been too old to pout like a child, but she found there were certain exceptions.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Arryn

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Dreadfort   Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:19 pm

Cassandra chuckled facing him. "As you wish Cato." She listened to Odettes words and watched as she made up an excuse to get out of the room acting like a spoiled little girl. I like her, she thought to herself. Often enough she acted completely the same. Maybe we could be friends someday, she thought smirking about the thought. When she left she looked up to Cato again. "That was fun, we should do it again in case we ever meet again." She easily got out of his arm and was about to leave, walking slowly towards the door just in case Cato wanted to stop her from leaving already. As only a few steps were to be made until she reached the door she turned and slightly bowed. Why? She didn´t really knew herself but she actually started to like that Bolton guy so he derserved at least for once a bit manners. "Goodbye Cato."
Back to top Go down
Cato Bolton

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Dreadfort   Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:26 pm

Cato's eyebrow dropped a little bit after Odette left. He felt a little odd, and maybe even a little sad for his sister. What a dreadful feeling, sympathy, he thought to himself. He didn't like that feeling. Looking over to Cassandra, she had slipped out from under his arm and was beginning to walk towards the entrance. He waited until she was a little bit farther away before he said anything. "Wait," he called to her as he took a small step forwards.

He didn't want her to leave so soon, she was just starting to intrigue him. "Are you still leaving? I would love for you to accompany me... on a walk, perhaps?" He asked, a small grin creeping onto his face.
Back to top Go down
Cassandra Arryn

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Dreadfort   Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:49 pm

Just as she was about to open the door she heard Cato calling out for her and smirked to herself. Guess I´m just too irresistible. She turned to Cato again, crossing her arms while raising a brow on her neutral face. "Oh? Did I just start to interest you Cato? Guess I have far more influence that I´m aware of." She chuckled and slowly walked towards him grinning, until she stood right in front of him. "Now then, let´s take a walk."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Dreadfort   

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Dreadfort
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Westeros :: Kingdom of the North :: The Dreadfort :: The Great Hall-
Jump to: