Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Heroic Deeds Icon_portal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Heroic Deeds

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Daria Kit

Daria Kit

Heroic Deeds Empty
PostSubject: Heroic Deeds   Heroic Deeds EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 5:51 pm

Daria was facing yet another hectic day alone. As per usual, she was handling the innkeeping, the cooking, the cleaning and the serving all by herself. She was almost grateful when she had to start telling people they were clean out of rooms. Only, she really needed the money. Specially if she was going to keep feeding her guests.
"Maybe I could just take your room tonight," an elderly man was saying as his slimy tounge wetted his lips and a chorus of laughter from fellow men around erupted. Daria was almost in tears already.
"I'm afraid the room is too small, m'lord," Daria said meakley, not even knowing if the man was a lord or not. She figured if she was nice to him he might decide to leave her alone, but it only ended in him grabbing her arm. This couldn't be happening again. The man was probably harmless, just showing off in front of his friends, but the memories of past events flashed before Daria's eyes, and she fought back sobs as the man's grip tightened.
"Please..." she begged, her eyes watering heavily and her voice choked, but so far her pleadings had gotten her nowhere.
Back to top Go down
Miguel Baratheon

Miguel Baratheon

Heroic Deeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heroic Deeds   Heroic Deeds EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 6:29 pm

Miguel and his mother had lucked out, getting two of the last rooms left open as he they stopped to rest in their travels back to Storm's End. Miguel was a little sad to leave Kings Landing, if only because of all the festivities from the crowning of the new queen. Everything had just been so lively and fun! He even got to visit Carriae, which he had to admit it had been quite some time.

But the time did come to return home, his mother was quiet anxious to return. He supposed she still hadn't gotten used to being in public places for all to see her disfigured face, the left behind signs of her illness as a infant. Personally Miguel saw nothing wrong with his mother, had always thought her to be beautiful. His father had thought the same, or else he would have never married her. But he supposed after a life time of people telling her such, it was hard to get out of it.

After getting things settled in his own room, Miguel went next door to alert his mother that he was going to go eat and asked if she wanted anything. But she merely told him she wanted to rest, the journey tiring her out. So Miguel wished her a well rest and headed off to the eating area.

Along the way, Miguel spotted the innkeeper, a lovely yet obviously stressed woman, as she attended to some guests. They seemed like a rully bunch, laughing loudly even for Miguel's tastes, and the young nobleman looked around to see if there was some staff member that could help her attend to these men. But there seemed to be none found. Bringing his gaze back towards the innkeeper, green eyes widened upon seeing one of the men grab her arm and pull her close.

Now that wouldn't do. With a frown, Miguel made his way towards the group and interjected. "My good man, whatever seems to be the trouble?" he asked, his voice sounding cheerful as he gave a smile, moving himself to try and get between the woman and who captor. The older man sneered at him, his lip curling in an unsightly manner as he regarded the blonde man.

"None of your business welp." the man sneered at him, his breath reeking of alcohol. Miguel's nose crinkled at the scent, his smile leaving and his frown returning once more.

"Ah I'm afraid that's not true. I can not in good conscious stand by as a brute of a man handles a lady in such a way. Now you're going to release her, and no trouble shall be found your way." The man and his friends laughed at this, clearly thinking Miguel was no match for them. And perhaps that was so, but he had a trump card that they didn't.

"And just who in the Gods names are you? Ah, that was exactly what Miguel had been hoping for. With a smirk, Miguel lifted up his right hand where upon his ring finger was a ring that bore his family's insignia. Upon seeing the widening eyes of the scum before him, his smirk grew.

"I am Lord Miguel Baratheon. I'm sure I don't have to explain to you what that means, yes?" It looked like he didn't upon the fear in the man's eyes, as well as that of his companions. Baratheon House held a reputation for their famous tempers. Even their hous emotto spoke of their fury. And though Miguel was the rare exception, these men didn't know that. And furthermore it wouldn't be wise to mess with one Baratheon and risk the wrath of the rest. Especially since the head of Baratheon was a member of the small council. "Now then, I believe you were letting the innkeeper go?"
Back to top Go down
https://reignoffireandice.forumotion.com/t97-miguel-baratheon
Daria Kit

Daria Kit

Heroic Deeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heroic Deeds   Heroic Deeds EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 2:08 am

In the man's confusion and shock he held on to Daria's hard, roughly bruising it if Daria would guess right. Only when her rescuer reminded them to let her go was her arm released, and the bunch of men stepped back, the lead obviously frustrated and annoyed at the situation, but wisely choosing to leave.
Daria's emotions were mixed. She was glad those horrible, drunken men were now gone, but at the same time she feared they might return at a later date, then in a bad temper. Her hope clung to the smell of alcohol that had been on their breath. Drunken boasts aren't quite so much fun sober, and few retained their anger and excessive lust once the alcohol had left their bloodstream.
The fact that this man who had bravely come to her rescue had called her a lady, though she was no such thing, had gone straight over her head, though now that the shock and fear was evaporating, she blushed at the memory.
Quickly she hurried to wipe the couple of tears that had escaped her and made herself busy smoothing out her humble dress and apron. It just wouldn't do to let a lord see her like this. Daria was getting the creeping feeling if she left herself undignified she would lose all future Baratheon customers, so she quickly turned to leave for the kitchen again, finding a good excuse there. It was actually quite busy.
"Thank you, m'l-lord," she said, voice shaking as she continued towards the kitchen doors. "If you'll excuse me, I have some work that needs taking care of." Her body was obviously still in a state of shock and fear, shaking uncontrollably. Her voice only reflected that as well.
Back to top Go down
Miguel Baratheon

Miguel Baratheon

Heroic Deeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heroic Deeds   Heroic Deeds EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 7:24 pm

The moment the young woman's hand was released, Miguel gave a firm nod of satisfaction before glaring at the men with a silent message to leave. A message that clearly went through as the group of men took a step back before their leader, in all his obvious frustration, took leave and causing them all to follow behind. Once they had left, Miguel gave a light huff before turning to the rescued inn keeper with a smile.

Only to witness her making herself presentable before quickly turning away.

Green eyes blinked as she thanked him with a shaky voice. He was about to speak, only for her to continue talking as she claimed she had much work to get done. Which seemed highly plausible, as Miguel did not see any other worker within the inn, and it was full to capacity.

Still though, Miguel found himself trailing after her somewhat. "I was more than happy to aide a woman in need." he said calmly, waving off her thanks as it was the work of what a decent person of good upbringing should do. And his mother did indeed raise him well. "I do hope you are quite alright madam. Did those brutes hurt you in any way?" The way her body seemed to shake, much like her voice, showed that the whole ordeal had been quite terrible and fearsome.

The poor dear. he thought briefly, green eyes watching her with concern.
Back to top Go down
https://reignoffireandice.forumotion.com/t97-miguel-baratheon
Daria Kit

Daria Kit

Heroic Deeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heroic Deeds   Heroic Deeds EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 10:42 am

[OOC: Sorry I'm so slow. Life's been busy >.< I barely have any spare time anymore .-.]

Daria wouldn't look at him. She refused to, and she was scared to. At first she had felt relieved that he had helped her, but now that he was following her she was starting to feel the same threat eminating from him. Whether she was just paranoid and in shock, or he was actually someone to fear, she didn't know, but trusting things she wasn't sure of had burnt her in the past.
"N-no," she tried to reassure him, hoping perhaps telling him what he wished to hear would make him go away. "I'm quite... a-alright." The lie was clear though. Though he might not be able to see her face with her back turned towards him, she was clutching her lower arm, trying to massage the pain away. In her cluttered mind she didn't even think to stop to credit her statement. All she could think of was how close she was to breaking down crying, and how little she wanted an audience, specially one so highborn and frightening, when it happened.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Heroic Deeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heroic Deeds   Heroic Deeds Empty

Back to top Go down

Heroic Deeds
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Westeros :: Kingdom of the Isles and Rivers :: Crossroads Inn-
Jump to: